Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Horsetooth Rock Trail -- Samyang 35mm F1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Horsetooth Rock Trail -- Samyang 35mm F1.4 Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon I went for a short hike before sunset. This is a local trail system that has 70 miles of trails in it. I only had a couple hours before sun set, so I went on the 5 mile Horsetooth Rock Trail. This trail climbs from the trail head and heads up to Horsetooth Rock, from which the trail is aptly named Laughing.

I was kind of loaded down with gear for this short hike. Since getting my medium format camera, I have been dabbling in film, so I had the medium format RB67, an Olympus OM1 MD, my D600, lots of lenses and a tripod along for the hike. A little overboard, but I can never seem to leave anything behind Surprised.

Here are a few shots from the D600. I have the roll of film from the RB67 hanging up and drying and will add those once I digitize them.

Horsetooth-13-Oct-2013-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Horsetooth-13-Oct-2013-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Horsetooth-13-Oct-2013-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful landscapes in golden evening light!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good and it will be interesting to see if the RB67 gives better\equal\or worse...... results.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work! How much post into the shots above?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the great shots you've made and for the effort taken to climb until there!

Strong colors, a lot of haze in the horizon line, and a sense of deepness exactly for that. Great shots, send more!

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another perfect series - congrats

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
another perfect series - congrats

+1. Looking forward to RB67 shots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply fantastic colours.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That golden sunset light is magical. I believe it is most intense in the West of the US for some reason (relatively clean air?) You do such a good job presenting those stunning landscapes

patrickh