Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 2.5/90 (52B) Proxy fun ... and bugs for Orio !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 2.5/90 (52B) Proxy fun ... and bugs for Orio ! Reply with quote

First couple of days with this wonderful lens...
It'll replace my S-M-C Takumar 4/100 ....

And i'll get me the 1:1 adapter (18F)

I'm still learning to handle it, but i already love it !

Jpegs, no PP, resize only....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some wonderful pics here! On 2 pics the DOF is a bit too narrow, but yes, sometimes it is a bit of a challenge. This macro lens is excellent - one of my favorites!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp and contrasty. Nice images! An excellent macro lens. You may want to seek out the 2x T/C to make it a true 1:1 macro ratio. I have the later automatic version of 272E which is still based on the same optical formula after all these years.

BTW, 18F is the extension tube while the 01F is the 2X T/C. I have 2X T/C and can attest in its superior quality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tidy O1F for sale in the Marketplace forum. :wink

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-01f-2x-teleconverter-t60180.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your acquisition of one of the best macro lenses out there. I own the Tamron 90 and it, along with my old 55mm Micro Nikkor, are my two best macro lenses.

I am curious about your comment regarding your SMC 100mm f/4 Tak. I recently acquired one of these -- mint with a hood -- but I have yet to use it with a DSLR -- I've been putting off buying a M42-EOS adapter for no good reason. Since every Tak lens I've ever used has been just scary sharp, I guess I've just assumed that since it's a Tak, and also an SMC, it will be very sharp. Is this not the case?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a KOMURA TELEMORE95 II 7-K-M-C
Never used it yet... said to be a good 2X teleconverter.... will it do the job with this Tamron to get 1:1 Question

cooltouch wrote:

I am curious about your comment regarding your SMC 100mm f/4 Tak. I recently acquired one of these -- mint with a hood -- but I have yet to use it with a DSLR -- I've been putting off buying a M42-EOS adapter for no good reason. Since every Tak lens I've ever used has been just scary sharp, I guess I've just assumed that since it's a Tak, and also an SMC, it will be very sharp. Is this not the case?

I can't say nothing bad about my Super-Multi-Coated MACRO-TAKUMAR 4/100... (w/original caps and hood)
It's a very, very good lens and nothing much can be added about its build or optical qualities...

I just don't need 2 macro lens.... and the Tak is worth good money ! ...and slower....So I'll keep the "novelty"...

Some shots... Jpegs, no PP : Super-Multi-Coated MACRO-TAKUMAR 4/100 #8024473 6 blades (1972-75)