Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meostigmat 70mm f/1.4 adapted on GH1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Meopta Meostigmat 70mm f/1.4 adapted on GH1 Reply with quote

It is a heavy but still portable projector lens. No iris, but sharp wide open!

[/code]

Last edited by ferrick on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Jeesh, that looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Really? Jeesh, that looks pretty good.

My apology, it should be a Meopta Meostigmat 70mm f/1.4 ! I have confused this set of pictures with the 140/1.8 ones!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested in the Meostigmat.. this is a link to another Thread, showing the Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70mm on Canon FF (5D MKII) and Sony NEX 7... including the way the lens was prepared to work on those cams...

http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-meostigmat-1-4-70-on-ff-and-nex-via-vnex-t55218,highlight,%2Bmeopta.html

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
For those of you who are interested in the Meostigmat.. this is a link to another Thread, showing the Meopta Meostigmat 1.4/70mm on Canon FF (5D MKII) and Sony NEX 7... including the way the lens was prepared to work on those cams...

http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-meostigmat-1-4-70-on-ff-and-nex-via-vnex-t55218,highlight,%2Bmeopta.html

Cheers
Henry

Hi, Henry . Thanks for the thread which provided very detail instructions on how to convert it to a M42 lens. My problem is I don't have the skills and equipment to convert it in the same way as you did! I envy you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferrick wrote:
hinnerker wrote:

Cheers
Henry

Hi, Henry . Thanks for the thread which provided very detail instructions on how to convert it to a M42 lens. My problem is I don't have the skills and equipment to convert it in the same way as you did! I envy you.

There are more Meostigmat lenses... i converted a Meostigmat 1/70mm to Sony NEX 7... i will report later... and of course, only possible if you have the skills and equipment for doing each kind of conversion.

Could you show us, how do you manage to bring the Meostigmat to your cam?

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice optics
Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
ferrick wrote:
hinnerker wrote:

Cheers
Henry

There are more Meostigmat lenses... i converted a Meostigmat 1/70mm to Sony NEX 7... i will report later... and of course, only possible if you have the skills and equipment for doing each kind of conversion.

Could you show us, how do you manage to bring the Meostigmat to your cam?

Cheers
Henry

My conversion is simple. I bought a M58 focusing helicoil and inserted the whole lens into it. Then I stepped it down to M42 by using a M42-M58 ring.

The final step is to put a cheapo M25/M42 to M4/3 adapter purchased from eBay and the lens can be used with infinity focus.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of pictures, they impressed me enough to buy an identical lens. Smile
If you have links to the parts you posted above it would be much appreciated.

I also found a matching 35/1.3 but I don't have the funds to get it too.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBJEKTIV-MEOPTA-MEOSTIGMAT-1-3-35-Durchmesser-52-5mm-TOP-ZUSTAND-/350839698963

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I also found a matching 35/1.3 but I don't have the funds to get it too.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBJEKTIV-MEOPTA-MEOSTIGMAT-1-3-35-Durchmesser-52-5mm-TOP-ZUSTAND-/350839698963

STOP:

the Meopta Meostigmat 1.3/35mm is a totally different lens and the register - distance is completely different from the 1.4/70mm and the way to adapt the 1.3/35mm not identical to the 1.4/70mm.

Th 1.3/35mm will definetely not reach infinity in a helicoid like shown here.

I did a conversion also with the 1.3/35mm for a Sony NEX 7 cam... a totally different way is neccessary.. !!!!

So the way is only useable for the 1.4/70mm Meostigmat.

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are 3 of all 4 lenses (the 1/70mm is missing) i converted to Sony NEX.. (register distance 18mm instead of 19.x mm) so this makes it more difficult for µFT cams to convert them for that standard. Mechanical easier for NEX, but IQ maybe better on µFt..

And here some pics about the conversion...

As you can see... you only need the lens group from the rear... its a complete screwed-in package. You dont need the big Meopta tubus... its only for compatibility with the filmprojector - lensholder

In second step you have ot shorten this tube with the optical group on the right side of image.

The register - distance for the reach of infinity is about 24mm... so you have only 4.xmm for a focus helicoid on a µFT cam..

As you can see in picture, i shorten the Meopta rear group holder to fit into an helicoid part from VNEX System tools.

Then i worked on a lathe to get a wider diameter in an "Zebra" LTM to NEX adaptor... to let the lens group intrude as deep as possible into the adaptor..

Here are the converted lens 1.3/35mm... on a Sony NEX 7

As you can see... no chance to use a cheap asian helicoid as shown in this thread for that lens

Here are some pictures with the 35mm sorry for entering this thread... but i think its a good thing to give some hints and warnings for people which do have interest in doing such experiments with the Meoptas..
(if this posting is on the wrong place or disturbing, so please moderators, move it into an new thread)

In the next image you can see the sweetspot of the lens, which perfectly covers the 16mm... outside of this 16mm diameter, the lens is going to get big barrel distortion. But the lens is a very good "playing tool"... Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! I must try the1.3/35 and 1/50 sometime later!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Re: the 35/1.3 being a different registration.
The pictures from it still look interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

My 70/1.4 just arrived, now to figure out my conversion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferrick wrote:

My conversion is simple. I bought a M58 focusing helicoil and inserted the whole lens into it. Then I stepped it down to M42 by using a M42-M58 ring.

The final step is to put a cheapo M25/M42 to M4/3 adapter purchased from eBay and the lens can be used with infinity focus.

I'll be converting to NEX mount, so I have a slightly different requirements, but wanted to confirm how you put yours together.
Is the lens just friction fit in to your helicoid? Then the helicoid connects to m58-m42 ring, which is connected to the thin m42/m25 to m4/3 adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, impressed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
ferrick wrote:

I'll be converting to NEX mount, so I have a slightly different requirements, but wanted to confirm how you put yours together.
Is the lens just friction fit in to your helicoid? Then the helicoid connects to m58-m42 ring, which is connected to the thin m42/m25 to m4/3 adapter?

Yes, that's exactly how I put it together. I use a black plastic ring (those for use on fixing water pipes) to fill the gap when I fiction fit the lens into the helicoid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
ferrick wrote:

Yes, that's exactly how I put it together. I use a black plastic ring (those for use on fixing water pipes) to fill the gap when I fiction fit the lens into the helicoid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Wow, impressed!

Thank you! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow indeed! Where do you find these kind of gems?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:

From eBay.de Smile Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:

I found mine on eBay from Germany.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some current ones, also on GH1 ....

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1428702.html#1428702