Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 11-A 4/135 bought at the local market
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 11-A 4/135 bought at the local market Reply with quote

I found this lens at the local market for a good price so I picked it up. Here are some test shots.
I like it.

Last edited by uddhava on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos, I'd use mine more but the focusing is too stiff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always the 11a is a lovely lens that gets overlooked as it is perceived slow compared to most 135 f2.8s but my god it has great smooth bokeh, and amazing colour rendition bravo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is great, and your photos show it quite well

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my very favourite lenses. Perfect size and weight.
Everyone should have one, and experience the joy of beautiful colour and crisp imaging.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sharpness and colors on those photos are very good. I think I would have to add this lens to my collection if I can find one in my area.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Makes me want to take mine out ! Obviously an underrated lens, mine is sharper than my Topcor RE 135mm f/3.5... Everyone should have it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad everyone liked the photos. I have another copy of the same lens, but I think I like this one more. The other one seemed
darker to me for some reason.

All of my lenses I have to take out more, I am new at using these manual focus lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photos from an excellent lens. The J11A sells for next to nothing in the UK, which is stupid because it's one of the best 135s around, my copy was better than my CZJ Sonnar 4/135 which sells for 10x as much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to take some photos with my first purchased lens to see how they compared. Today is pretty windy though so focus may be not so good. I think they are both good, but the photographer has more to learn. Here they are.

Last edited by uddhava on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 J-11 my self, but I never use them. I should definitely use them more Very Happy

Very nice pictures, I liked especially the cat Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I have 2 J-11 my self, but I never use them. I should definitely use them more Very Happy

What lens do you use at 135mm?
My wife brought those two kittens home with her one day, because they were abandoned and was afraid they would run into the street.
BTW what lens is that on the camera for your avatara?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

What lens do you use at 135mm?
My wife brought those two kittens home with her one day, because they were abandoned and was afraid they would run into the street.
BTW what lens is that on the camera for your avatara?

I rarely use 135mm, that's why I don't have any favorite Wink

The lens on the avatar is a Carl Zeiss Super-Q-Gigantar 40mm f/0.33 Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots! For me especially #7 and #8 in the second series.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic shots, just bought one on Ebay, have to convert to Nikon F mount, very exiting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!
Did you convert the mount? I have the same lens, now I am looking for right person to convert the mount to Nikon F.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuxiafu wrote:
Nice shots!
Did you convert the mount? I have the same lens, now I am looking for right person to convert the mount to Nikon F.

You can buy the mount from ebay, and it takes the place of the existing mount which comes off by loosening three little grub screws.
I can't find the link, but it is there somewhere.
OH

PS - eureka - here it is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Band-NEW-KP-A-N-Adapter-rear-END-A-lens-to-Nikon-F-Mount-Kiev-19-cameras-/200884445618?

You can see what it looks like by scrolling down here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-11a-on-nikon-t59117,highlight,%2Bjupiter+%2B11a.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
wuxiafu wrote:
Nice shots!

You can buy the mount from ebay, and it takes the place of the existing mount which comes off by loosening three little grub screws.
OH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Band-NEW-KP-A-N-Adapter-rear-END-A-lens-to-Nikon-F-Mount-Kiev-19-cameras-/200884445618?

http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-11a-on-nikon-t59117,highlight,%2Bjupiter+%2B11a.html

OK, I see, mine is different in OCT-18 mount, I have to have it converted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ..... I see.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, Russian lenses perform really well in good conditions. The things I don't like are usually low contrast and flare resistance. But these images don't show these weaknesses! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Good results, Russian lenses perform really well in good conditions. The things I don't like are usually low contrast and flare resistance. But these images don't show these weaknesses! Wink

Thanks! Nice blog BTW.
I live south of Budapest in Pilis. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shots are gorgeous
cat is too cute !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
shots are gorgeous
cat is too cute !

Thanks.
The cats are cute, but naughty. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
wuxiafu wrote:
Nice shots!

OH

Simple mod:

take off the three grubscrews and remove the fitting. Get a T mount of your choice, loosen the grubscrews and take out the inner ring. The mount should fit right over the raised ring on the lens. Tighten up the grubscrews. If the t mount is too tight, just run a file or rotary tip round the inside. You only need to shave off about 0.2mm. This mod the lens, only the t mount is damaged - if at all. doesn't touch the lens.

I have performed this conversion with a Jupiter 11 for my Nikon and an 11A. The 11a lives on my Minolta.