Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silverstone - classic racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Silverstone - classic racing Reply with quote

More from my 6D with the Vario-Sonnar 100-300mm, all at 300mm:

Classic Formula 1 cars - 50 - Michael Lyons by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Classic Formula 1 cars - 9 by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Classic Formula 1 cars - 12 - John Player Special by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Enjoying the sun by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Car 64 - Classic tourers by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Mini 76 taking on the big boys...and succeeding by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

Good fun, but I had a pretty poor hit rate with the panning

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning! Especially first look so so good!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect shot !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You paned these just perfect! Very Happy
Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, really enjoyed the motorsport Very Happy Panning at 300mm is quite hard though! I prefer to be up close with a nifty fifty Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty darned good graham, under difficult circumstances.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! It's nice to see the F1 classics on the track. What shutter speed were you using for the pan shots?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I was using between 1/200 and 1/320. Anything slower tended to suffer from shake, which is a pain. A monopod was probably the answer, but it's Britain so I took an umbrella instead Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panning race cars with a 300mm must be very difficult, very well done!

the Lotus in #3 immediately makes me think of Jochen Rindt, the first Austrian to win the Formula 1 championship and the only who ever won it posthum, after dying in a crash at Monza with a similar Lotus still painted red in 1970. A poster of his hang on the walls of my elder brothers room along with posters of Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin who btw. both also died summer 1970, their crash was of a different type Wink He was a real pop star in Austria, alas he fluently spoke English which was very rare for an Austrian then and was married to a tall, blonde Finish model, he really spurred our imaginations Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea, must have been a poignant moment when everyone realised he'd won the championship.[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutterspeed and aperture on these? Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent captures. Very Happy