Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 85 f1.2 L taken with Canon FD 85 f1.2 L
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 85 f1.2 L taken with Canon FD 85 f1.2 L Reply with quote

My little Canon FD 85 f1.2 L obsession Smile

all pictures taken with another Canon FD 85 f1.2 L on EOS 5DMkII

all pictures at f1.2, of course - as a proper FD 85 f1.2 L photo mania Very Happy

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, great stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful glass! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Beautiful glass! Smile

+1!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FD 85mm f/1.2 L is special. But then so is the FD 85mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical:

I didn't use an f/1.2 lens to take the photo, although I suppose I could. I have an FD and an FL 55/1.2.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these lenses (the FD L version) partially disassembled. It came to me in mint cosmetic condition, but the aperture blades would not fully close down. When I opened the back I discovered that the ring which held a wreath of ball bearings in place was screwed in too tight. It was an easy fix, but silly me, I continued playing with the arm which reaches into the body to operate the aperture blades, pushed it too far and it got stuck. Embarassed Now I'm in search for repair info b4 I attempt to disassemble the lens further. (Can't see any other way to rotate the arm back to where it belongs.) Such a shame that this marvelous piece of equipment is now out of service.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That beautiful lens would look very handsome on the front of my 5D2, are you sure you need two of them?

Razz Laughing