Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Microscope objective photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: My Microscope objective photos Reply with quote

So as not to hijack Kievuser's post (http://forum.mflenses.com/some-low-power-microscope-objectives-t59631,highlight,%2Bmicroscope.html0 I have done my own.

A photo of my Chandler & Dicker 4x objective mounted on a NEX bodycap. I have used a piece of water pipe connector and can achieve infinity to about 10cms.

The images speak for themselves.

I will try some macro ones on the tripod, these were all hand held and the focus tends to wander a bit when i do that!

I may try putting a waterhouse stop in the rear mount to see if that has any effect on the edges.

On the microscope this low power lens is sharp as hell, obviously only the middle part is being used.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depth of field is too narrow. It looks ok to me from where it is actually in focus, can't say for sure but possibly very sharp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fall off of sharpness at the edges is spectacular, but.........the centre isn't dead sharp. If that centre sharpness can be nailed you could get some very interesting images. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The fall off of sharpness at the edges is spectacular, but.........the centre isn't dead sharp. If that centre sharpness can be nailed you could get some very interesting images. Cool

cheers dave, spectacular isnt the word I would use - but it is none the less.

I'll try stopping it down. I've not measured the focal length yet but it looks about 25mm f5.

I was surprised it worked. I'll try a 10x and see what thats like.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice project! I supposed registration distance was totally out of camera sizes, and thus macro only. I'll try it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enzodm wrote:
Nice project! I supposed registration distance was totally out of camera sizes, and thus macro only. I'll try it.
I had too, never thought it would work until I started mounting the lens and realised there would be enough room.