Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.2/85 Contax 60 Jahre CY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.2/85 Contax 60 Jahre CY Reply with quote

I spent a few days in New York City during the Memorial Day weekend. I did not get the chance to visit the World Trade Center Memorial foundation so I ended up with some of these typical, "tourisy" spots. As expected, this lens is head and shoulder above the 55/1.2. C&C is welcome.

WO:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first shot is a belter, HDR/enfused?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was from a single shot. The raw file of the A99 is malleable enough for me to recover both highlights and shadows (definitely quite grainy at 100%). It was stitched with Kolor AutoPano Giga. I added clarity brush to the sky section.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiepphotog wrote:
That was from a single shot. The raw file of the A99 is malleable enough for me to recover both highlights and shadows (definitely quite grainy at 100%). It was stitched with Kolor AutoPano Giga. I added clarity brush to the sky section.

Stitched in Autopano Giga? So did you use a bunch of shots and put them together to create this one image? I've done that several times and Autopano Giga is by far the best tool for the job.
You did a great job, it looks fantastic. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy. Yes, it is a composite of 15-17 pictures (I don't quite remember exactly). Photoshop choked on my laptop with exposure/color inconsistencies even though I already normalized the white balance (shutter speed is the same throughout). I also used PTGui Pro but I have to say the AutoPano gave the best result. The crazy thing is that the lower right corner of the river section was taken at a much different perspective and location and I could barely find the seam at 100% zoom. With Photoshop, I can immediately see the blotchiness. I do wish that they have a better layer system in AutoPano.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first image is gorgeous! what light!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning images.. gem f a lens.. bokeh in the last image is something to die for.. lol .. Wink