Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Some shots to test my recently acquired Micro-Nikkor. Lens had issues with oil on the blades, very dirty optics and stiff focus.

Now is back to normal and into action.

Not many things to photograph with it in a 7th floor balcony in the dessert but some flies.

Lens mounted on a 36mm Vivitar auto extension tube and hand held (except the last one which I used tripod).

f/4

f/2.8

f/5.6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great success, congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive for handheld macro shots! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice "portraits" you have here Laughing

This lens is astonishing. I have one, but macro isn't definitely my specialty, so I don´t use it as I should...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice macro work!

I wouldn´t like to have one in MY dessert!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the kind words.

flaviomaia, the fact that you call them "portraits" makes me realize I was not far from my objective which was exactly that rather than having the full fly on focus !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inombrable wrote:
Thanks all for the kind words.

flaviomaia, the fact that you call them "portraits" makes me realize I was not far from my objective which was exactly that rather than having the full fly on focus !!!

And I must say the results are very good!
Even with a shallow DoF the eyes on #2 and #3 have a very nice texture.

About the lens, I always heard very good things about it, but when I bought it I was for a shock. It is so damn sharp, even wide open, as evidenced by your photos.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd is quite impressive!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="flaviomaia"]
inombrable wrote:

About the lens, I always heard very good things about it, but when I bought it I was for a shock. It is so damn sharp, even wide open, as evidenced by your photos.

On the contrary I read some reviews that the lens was good but not great and that the f/3.5 was much better, so I was hesitating between getting this one or the f/3.5, at the end this one showed at a decent price on the bay and I am very very happy with the current results.

Glad you liked the images Rick.

Thanks again all for the kind comments.