Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 105 - Vivitar 75-205mm/3.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 105 - Vivitar 75-205mm/3.8 Reply with quote

crop of the previous photo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's kiron made , newer one touch zoom version

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the two-touch version of this (still Kiron made). It came with the original manual with the optical diagram, and I can confirm it has the same optical design as the first version of the Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5 lens (which was also Kiron made). The only difference is, I presume a smaller front element (as this one has a 58mm filter), and they downgraded the specs a bit accordingly. It's a very nice lens--Series 1 quality for peanuts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacTak wrote:
It's a very nice lens--Series 1 quality for peanuts.

yes, i've seen them on ebay for 25$ and it's a sharp lens

i'll have to make side by side comparison with vivitar series 1 i have made by kiron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we know it's a Kiron made model? Serial #?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:

Serial number starts with 22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Russ wrote:

Serial number starts with 22

Ah, OK.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all except the first one and the crop of the bird. The bird looks a fair bit sharpened; almost brittle.
The last picture is really nice Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Väsen wrote:
I like them all except the first one and the crop of the bird. The bird looks a fair bit sharpened; almost brittle.
The last picture is really nice Smile

all photos are sharpened the same amount, sparrow included. it's feathers are like that in real life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more samples using this lens along with matching vivitar teleconverter for this particular lens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
some more samples using this lens along with matching vivitar teleconverter for this particular lens

You're a good photographer. You make any lens shine.

Nice photo once again, all of them, but these two really stand out in my opinion. The horse was framed tightly and initially I thought it was the wrong way to do things but I kept looking at the image and realised that it works quite well. Beautiful shiny coat and the way the horse's head has angled.

The rich white mane also stand out because of the tight crop and I suspect it was your intention to highlight this as not many horses have an all white mane.

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My matching teleconverter must have been a dud, because it gave me noting but very soft pics.