Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Loch Vale -- RMNP -- Nikon E-Series 28mm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Loch Vale -- RMNP -- Nikon E-Series 28mm F2.8 Reply with quote

I went snowshoeing yesterday up at Rocky Mountain National Park. Even though it is spring, the snow is still heavy above 9,000 ft. I was planning on snowshoeing up to Andrews Glacier, but it was an additional 2.5 mile round trip and the ~7 miles I snowshoed was enough (I'm feeling it today ).

I was planning on camping out in the park so I could get up to the Locke by mid morning. That plan didn't turn out though, so I didn't arrive to the Locke until around 2:00. Because of this, the sun was directly to the front of these shots as I was looking towards the west. The bright sun and even brighter snow made for not great photography, but you gotta make due with what you have.

Here are two of the processed photos I finished so far.

In this first photo, I am actually standing on top of a 30 foot high snow cornice, although you can't see it in the photo (darn light!).

Loche-Vale-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Here's a shot with the 50mm f1.8

Loche-Vale-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

I have a few more to process and I'll add them here after I do so.

I'll be going back later in the spring to make the hike up to the glacier. I'll camp out up there so I can get to the glacier early in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb clarity and colors

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Here are some more photos from the snowshoeing outing using the Nikon Series-E 28mm F2.8 lens.

Hope you like them!

Loch-Vale-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Loch-Vale-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Loch-Vale-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Loch-Vale-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Loch-Vale-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Last edited by Colorado CJ on Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome light you get there. Very nice photos too. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow pictures indeed! A joy to see each of them , you have brilliant knowledge , congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series. Lots to see up there

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures are great, but i must say i am envy of the whole "situation", great place, great way to keep in shape....

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
The pictures are great, but i must say i am envy of the whole "situation", great place, great way to keep in shape....

Tomas

Me too. Need an envious smiley!

Loch Vale 4 is my favourite but they all excellent.