Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Welding -- Nikkor 105mm F2.5 Ai
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Welding -- Nikkor 105mm F2.5 Ai Reply with quote

I had a little welding project to do and since I never shot any welding before, I though it would be a good time to experiment. So, I set up my tripod and my D600 to a 20 second timer and here's what I came up with.

It would be MUCH easier shooting someone else while they are welding, but you gotta do what you gotta do Wink

Shot with a D600 and Nikkor 105mm F2.5 lens.

welding by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great framing and exposure, that's something new for me as well and you succeeded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectacular

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very difficult activity to nail right, which makes me appreciate your results even more than just the excellent photo it is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing

how many shots you had to do until getting this extraordinary picture ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, glad you liked it! I want to do more, but will wait for my dad to start welding on something so I can be behind the camera Very Happy

56 DIN wrote:
amazing

how many shots you had to do until getting this extraordinary picture ?

Thanks. I just looked and it took 8 shots to get my exposure and F-stop set the way I wanted them to be. I was wanting a longer exposure, so I ended up with 50 ISO, 6/10th sec exposure and F22.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool, great technique.