Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Last shots from Kyoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Last shots from Kyoto Reply with quote

Finally got round to looking at the rest of my Kyoto photos. These were all taken with a 35/1.8G or the 18-55 kit lens on a D3000.

Mount Hie

Gion

Maiko-san (Geisha) don't normally pose for pics but I met this one on a back street away from the tourists so she was happy to pose for a few seconds. She's the real deal, definitely not one of those fakers that wander around the Higashiyama area.

A couple of randoms

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all really cool and really good

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
all really cool and really good

Agree! And this one

Will be the main subject of a conference in Helsinki about the theme "Focus Jump" in modern photography age,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work - I like those!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great work - I like those!

+1

Could you say a bit about those stones "wearing aprons"?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots Yebisu!!

And i was wondering about the stones with the aprons too!! Please tell us more! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Fantastic shots Yebisu!!

And i was wondering about the stones with the aprons too!! Please tell us more! Wink

Those rocks with aprons are still a mystery to me. I asked my wife and this what she thinks

The rocks with the aprons are crude Jizo. Jizo is a buddhist monk worshiped by travelers. They are every where in Japan. The Jizo in temples are usually proper statues. The ones found outside of temples on the side of roads or on mountain paths are often just a crude carving of a head and shoulders with an apron or bib (like in my pictures).

I think there is also a connection between Jizo and children. Jizo might be worshiped as a protector of children. That might explain the aprons or bibs.

I hope this helps. I'm still clueless about a lot of the stuff in this country Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was just curious.