Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR 35mm F2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: MIR 35mm F2.0 Reply with quote

Just bought this wonderful lens. I really really like this one. Here are few test shots. All test shots taken wide open (2.0). Camera 1ds mkii. I paid 130€ for this lens on ebay.

Last edited by mikkokan on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a keeper to me!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It looks like a keeper to me!

And what a nice puppy! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitively a keeper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, its a keeper! This lens is also very compact and nice to handle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your FF camera and smart usage shows it's potential.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series, and lovely lens.
Since I got mine it is stuck on my camera as my standard normal (sadly no FF here).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Mir24? It is just great lens for the money!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really impressive. Wish that Takumar in your signature was a 35mm f3.5 (instead of the 28mm), so we could see comparison shots. I can tell that the MIR will win but am curious about the margin of victory.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its MIR24. Takumar 35mm F2 would be even more interesting, I would bet that MIR would win that test.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:
Yes, its MIR24. Takumar 35mm F2 would be even more interesting, I would bet that MIR would win that test.

It does, at least against my older (bigger) version super takumar 35/2.
The tak is a lens I love, but my mir 24 is better under almost every aspect (sharpness wide open, color richness, contrast, flare resistance) - except build quality and handling, but we all know old taks are unbeatable at that. I also prefer the mir versus the takumar 3.5/35.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mikokan

Please can you resize and repost your picture of the puppy - 1024 max width please in this forum, or alternatively you can post it in the Oversize Gallery.

Is this the M42 or the Nikon version of the Mir24? I have the M42 version and I wouldn't exactly say it is compact! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried Mir24 and I wouldn't give it the medal for sharpness. In fact that's one of it weaknesses. Even at F8.0 corners was not that sharp like they must for a fixed focal lens. My CZJ Flektogon beats it in sharpness, contrast and colors on every aperture, but the Mir24 has more pleasing smooth bokeh especially at and after F2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
@Mikokan

Please can you resize and repost your picture of the puppy - 1024 max width please in this forum, or alternatively you can post it in the Oversize Gallery.

Is this the M42 or the Nikon version of the Mir24? I have the M42 version and I wouldn't exactly say it is compact! Smile

Done. Sorry, didn't remember that! This is the M42 version, well its bigger than Takumars etc but I used to have Samyang 35mm that was huge.
I will take more testshots today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just took a few test shots! Straight from RAW to JPEG, no sharpness added in PP.

Bokeh test F2.0:

Sharpness tests, F2.8.

cropped

F4.0

cropped

Wall test. Pretty sharp even in corners I think. Extreme corners are soft. F2.0, full frame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikkokan wrote:

The Tak f2 might be faster but reviews seem to indicate that its sharpness is suspect (compared to the f3.5). That's why I desired to see a comparison of the Mir with the 35mm f3.5 Tak. Under good lighting of course Smile

The first set of your Mir pics was pretty spectacular. The newer crop isn't jumping out at me -- I could be imagining things but the lens appears to be much sharper when focusing on close to mid-range subjects.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right, its better when focusing close to subject. But time will show the true nature of this lens...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that lens is a much much cheaper version of the leica summicron 35/2 "king of bokeh" in terms of cost but not performance

my copy flares quite a bit but that's pretty much the only complaint i have

on a nikon d90, adapter with infinity glass. straight out of the camera, ZERO post processing ->