Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 105/4 AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Nikon 105/4 AI Reply with quote

I searched the 'Best of Lenses' forum but couldn't find a thread for this lens, if I've missed it I can delete this and add to the original.
I was browsing some shots from last year and found a few nice examples from this beautifully built micro lens. Thought I'd share some.
I can't stress enough how well built this thing is, it's right up there with the best. The serial number suggests it is from 1977-1981 and it still operates almost as new (focus is a tiny bit dry but still smooth).
All shots taken on the same day last July.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ones Gary!
Some fine portraits over there Very Happy
I`m with #1.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Great ones Gary!
Some fine portraits over there Very Happy
I`m with #1.

Thank you Very Happy these models are a PITA, they ignore all direction! Don't know if I'll use that agency again. Rolling Eyes Laughing

I was trying to show you can use this lens for soft and sharp images, it's a certain keeper...for life. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely absolutely outstanding, love the first the most

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice examples, congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ones indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are so beautiful! How do you get those bugs so sharp?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Those are so beautiful! How do you get those bugs so sharp?

Thanks.
Well I was using a small extension tube to increase the native 1:2 magnification, 1/200 shutter with diffused flash and f8 or f11 if I recall correctly. This lens is very sharp, given the right circumstances, plus there's an element of luck involved too. Wink