Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo with the Nikkor 35/1.8G
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Tokyo with the Nikkor 35/1.8G Reply with quote

JUst a few (well, more than a few) random shots from my trip to Tokyo last weekend. I should probably organize my mind and try and shoot a personal project but instead I just fire away at anything an everything! Of course all comments and criticism gratefully received.

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, especially the bw ones (for me). Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Klaus, really nice set, the b&w are particularly good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very nice, especially the bw ones (for me). Congrats!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'em all. The B&W ones -- or most of them -- have some very interesting geometries you managed to capture. The cityscapes reveal the lens's sharpness and a few of the others show the possibilities of working with a shallow depth of field when shooting wide open. A very interesting lens. I wonder how the old pre-AI 35mm f/2 would compare to it? Or the AI or AIs, far as that goes -- it's just that I own the pre-AI version.

Hey Yebisu, are you shooting with a Nikon DSLR behind that lens? If so, which one?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I like 'em all. The B&W ones -- or most of them -- have some very interesting geometries you managed to capture. The cityscapes reveal the lens's sharpness and a few of the others show the possibilities of working with a shallow depth of field when shooting wide open. A very interesting lens. I wonder how the old pre-AI 35mm f/2 would compare to it? Or the AI or AIs, far as that goes -- it's just that I own the pre-AI version.

Hey Yebisu, are you shooting with a Nikon DSLR behind that lens? If so, which one?

Thanks everyone. I shoot with the old D3000.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black & whites are very nice, some real gems in the series!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps. More to come.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Shinjuku photos, but the subway station shot is my favorite.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps. Looking forward to your Tokyo photos David.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good series - i like especially the geometric BW´s