Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some shots from the Ya'ar HaMal’achim (The Angels’ Forest)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Some shots from the Ya'ar HaMal’achim (The Angels’ Forest) Reply with quote

My first chance to take some pictures in Israel, this is a small forest near what is going to be my new home, Beer Sheva.

Nice and quiet place this forest

CZJ Flektogon 35 mm f/2.4 + Nikon D200
Most of them shot at f/5.6
All handheld and mostly ISO400

The main purpose of the trip was to see the flowering of the cyclamen and iris plants which has just started this week.

A couple of inhabitants of the forest (i wish i brought my tripod and flash!!! the mantis was very aware of my presence an moving a lot even though it was extremely well camouflaged)

The forest is mainly pine trees (not native from Israel as I've been told) and also some bushes from the familiy of the pistachio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some pretty awesome shots. i increasingly like how nikon handles white. very nice, thanks.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, difficult to pickup one, I love them all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, amazing flowers & mantis !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome shots, the praying mantis was way cool!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, outstanding closeups.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flek is wicked good close-up. Love them all

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent (macro) work, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are truly exceptional photos.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the good comments, I'm very happy that you liked the series. You are all very kind.

Indeed the flektogon is a great lens, is my most used one and is one of my bigest bargains too (15 gbp mint condition) !!!!!!