Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Machines of the Isle of Nantes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: The Machines of the Isle of Nantes Reply with quote

The Machines of the Isle of Nantes (Les Machines de l'île) is an incredible artistic and cultural project based in Nantes (Bretagne/France). The idea of the project is to visualising a travel-through-time world at the crossroads of the "imaginary worlds" of Jules Verne (born in Nantes) and the mechanical universe of Leonardo da Vinci...And on my eyes, it's a great successful project Very Happy ...
The mechanical elephant is 12 meters high and 8 meters wide and made from 45 tons of wood and steel. It took almost 3 years with 150 peoples too built it! It's an amazing piece of art and normally, it's allowed to go inside and have a walk on the back of the elephant but due to the bad weather conditions, it was that day not allowed, a shame Crying or Very sad !
If you want to know more about this project, here is the link to the official site of the machines: http://www.lesmachines-nantes.fr/en/

And here some pictures to give a little overview of the project:
1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

8/

9/

10/

11/

12/

13/

14/

Enjoy the visit Very Happy ..
And that's probably my last post from 2012 so I wish to all the MF members a very happy new year Smile ....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, Pascal. Looks like a fun place to visit! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird Very Happy but great for kids. Nice series Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series indeed. I remember those from Berlin, I guess they have been in many places?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun place, thanks for the tour Pascal

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful,thanks for posting my son enjoyed these.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!
Thanks for sharing.
I had no idea that Nantes was that active Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I'm happy if you like it Very Happy

Orio wrote:

Not only for kids Very Happy

kds315* wrote:
Great series indeed. I remember those from Berlin, I guess they have been in many places?

I think you are talking about the "Royal de Luxe" company (also from Nantes)?? I know they have done a street parade with "Les Géants" in the street of Berlin few years ago, here a link for more info: http://www.nantes.fr/site/nantesfr/royal-de-luxe-a-berlin .
The elephant has not been travel yet in Europa (I think!) but may be it will be planned in the near future!

Minolfan wrote:
Very interesting!
Thanks for sharing.
I had no idea that Nantes was that active Shocked

Yep, Nantes is a great town where a lot happens regarding architecture, culture, music and all kind of street festival, it's a student's town so the "night life" is also very active Smile