Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few foggy frames with Arax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: A few foggy frames with Arax Reply with quote

Fuji Acros 100 in D-76. First three with Arax 80mm/2.8, the last two with Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work!! What camera?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very nice work!! What camera?

Arax latest Hasselblad clone from Ukraine.

Superb shoots first three!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i thought the arax was a pentacon 6 clone...in any event, i very much liked these. i thought 3 was stellar. congrats.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these are exellent but 1. and 2. are just superb! Great work! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Arax latest Hasselblad clone from Ukraine. !

Thanks. There seems to be several models of Arax, what are you using Miran?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arax has two cameras, the big SLR type one, based on Kiev-6/60 series, which itself was a Pentacon 6 clone. The Hassie type one is based on Salyut/Kiev 88/88CM series, which were Hasselblad 1000/500 clones.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Smile

Yes, there are two models, one is a P6 "clone", the other an early Hasselblad clone. I have the second one with P6 mount. It's a great camera. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images. #1, #2 & #3 are best for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard the p6 clone was of very high quality. i strongly considered getting one before deciding against the bulk. but that aside, you cant argue with the results, and being able to use these wonderful lenses on a 'new' cam is really great.
tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's one of the drawbacks of such a system. You carry a heavy bag, almost always need a tripod and you need time for each shot. On the other hand this (and the fact a 5€ roll of film can take only 12 frames) discourages you from taking snapshots.

And yeah, that "new" camera thing. I thought long about whether I should buy an old used camera or a "new" Arax but in the end the idea of having something new won. And I'm not sorry I went with Arax. So far it's working perfectly. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask any repairman that works on the Kiev 60/6c and the Pentacon Six they will tell you the cameras are absolutely not clones of each other. The internal mechanisms are completely different.

The images are wonderful. Very nice contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
If you ask any repairman that works on the Kiev 60/6c and the Pentacon Six they will tell you the cameras are absolutely not clones of each other. The internal mechanisms are completely different.

The images are wonderful. Very nice contrast.

Actually, you are quite right. I've taken a look inside both Kiev 6/60s and Pentacon 6. Clone is not the right word. Same mount, and based off the same idea (a medium format camera that you hold up eye-level like an SLR).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of images!!
Have a Arax myself and its a awesome camera Smile