Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Celestron C130 2000mm F15.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Celestron C130 2000mm F15.4 Reply with quote

The Celestron C130 is a maksutov-cassegrain type mirror lens with a flip mirror - it's like and SLR and and can be used both as a lens or as a spotting scop/telescope at the same time without any stress. Very nice to use Smile

It can be bought for around 200-300 € used or ~450€ new
(I paid less)

A single shot, very slight PP, very slight cropping to get the moon in the center
Seeing was very bad (strong heat flickering, short after dusk) which was the limiting factor for the resolution
Coverage of the 1.5x cop sensor is very good - I guess a FF sensor would be problem.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 12 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot. How long was the exposure?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx!
Exposure was 1/60s - ISO400

Here's another single shot, better exposure and sharpness but higher ISO and not the whole moon in frame:
1/250 ISO2500, PP in Lightroom 4 - sharpening +64, clarity +7

Is anyone experienced with stacking here? I have a long series and I have problems to align and stack them Sad