Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recent Floral Macro Work Tair 11a, Zeiss 60/2.8 MakroPlanar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Recent Floral Macro Work Tair 11a, Zeiss 60/2.8 MakroPlanar Reply with quote

I haven't been as prolific as last year in terms of macro work but I'm still at it, and we still have a few blooming flowers yet.
Besides the lenses in the title, some were shot with a Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8, Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely shots Mark... did you edit the color?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color in #1 simply beautiful...how did you get it so red and sharp? I am talking about how reds can play havoc on digital.I do like the color in all of these images.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enhance the color in some especially the last one.
Mo, the first one was with the Tair and had minimal adjustment. Regarding sharpness, the way you hold the camera is important, be still, try not to breathe, become a rock, slowly squeeze the shutter.
Cool

Or you could be proper and get on a tripod, but I almost never do that for this work.

Last edited by Kram on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! You know how to handle that lens, that's for sure. The last one is incredible!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice to know which photo is taken with which lens

i like colors in the last one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
I did enhance the color in some especially the last one.
Mo, the first one was with the Tair and had minimal adjustment. Regarding sharpness, the way you hold the camera is important, be still, try not to breathe, become a rock, slowly squeeze the shutter.
Cool

Or you could be proper and get on a tripod, but I almost never do that for this work.

Cool I understand that technique I try and use it with the mirror lens, your images tell me you have perfected it Wink #10 works for me as well it is something special.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mark! Great colors indeed! How did you get the blue reflections on these yellow Rudbeckias?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can now easily recognize your work, you are the flower shooter from the forum Smile ....
Incredible colors, perfect compo, short DOF but not too short, everything is in his place to make it a great flower picture!
If I must choose one, it should be the last one, but I don't know why, I simply love that one ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really terrific Mark

patrickh

+1 on colour comments

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 and #3 the best . Perfect colors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Klaus, IIRC it was simply the sky reflecting in the Rudbeckias.

Pascal, thanks so much. I have tried to develop a unique style with my pictures. Not sure I've succeeded but the challenge is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Hail the master of hand holding macro shots.
#1, #5, and #8 are my favorites.
I always try to find something red to take of picture of when doing macro shots.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series!
Last one is my fav. I think it would look better a little darker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already stated above, I really like your last picture in this series. There's one thing though, are you touching the border on purpose? If so, is there a theoretical reason for it (in line with the rule of thirds etc) or did you only go with your intuition. Or did it just happen and would you rather not have touched the border?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful comps, #1 is the fave, but an excellent set overall, well done!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 great work as always !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Katastrofo and Mr.T* AKA poilu!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#11 is stunning! I love the silky bokeh of #4 as well. Awesome job!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving number's 3 and 10.