Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1938 Xenar 2.8/7.5mm from Balda Baldax on VNEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: 1938 Xenar 2.8/7.5mm from Balda Baldax on VNEX Reply with quote

Here are some sample shots from a very old and rare lens.. reversible converted to fit VNEX Focusing System to bring the lens on a Sony NEX 7..

Infinity..

Medium distance

100% crop

Some beautiful close ups..

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely results especially the close-up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Lovely results especially the close-up!

Yes, i love that lens for the "creamy" Bokeh it has.

For a lens from 1938 ! the IQ is great. Its sharp wide open, has a dream bokeh and acts in a strange way.. because of the old DECKEL - shutter.. Very Happy

You have to set this on "B" and open the shutter, so you can use the lens, as you want. Its still open all the time..

The lens was simply unmount by unscrewing a 30mm thread-ring in the Baldax and can remount in the same way.. the Baldax i own, was defective on the compendium? .. so i will not remount this to the cam. Instead of i will wait to find another working Baldax to remount the Xenar to that body..

The lens itself has single coating and its neccessary not to shoot only with the sun at your back.. otherwise to much flare and loosing contrast.. but if you do all things right, the lens does a great job.

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
You have to set this on "B" and open the shutter, so you can use the lens, as you want. Its still open all the time.

What happens if you set the Nex for like 2 seconds and use the lens shutter?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
hinnerker wrote:
You have to set this on "B" and open the shutter, so you can use the lens, as you want. Its still open all the time.

What happens if you set the Nex for like 2 seconds and use the lens shutter?

First i would have to repair the shutter.. 1/400 works like 1/60 and the rest like 1/30.. Very Happy

The whole time delay section is gone.. but i think evacuate the lenses and clean the shutter from old grease will bring the Unit to a new life.. Very Happy

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those shots. Already own this Xenar, i need the VNEX!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenar is always a piece of my heart, no disappointing at this time , beautiful pictures!