Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nightfall.... (Planar 1,7/50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Nightfall.... (Planar 1,7/50) Reply with quote

Two shots taken tonight before going back home ....
In my pocket only the NEX3 with C/Y Planar 50mm .... a wide angle would have been better ... Wink

Greetings to all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! superb!

You're living in the clouds? Smile

tf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!
10 seconds exposure the second one? or a composite?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Beautiful!
10 seconds exposure the second one? or a composite?

10 seconds exposure Smile

Many thanks to all for the comments!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a wide angle have been better? You are using one of the best lenses available to take a stunning shot.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ,I can not believe the quality and beauty of the images you take...thanks for sharing.The 2nd one leaves me speechless...well almost...I had to say something!
How did you take the 2nd one?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING,Daniele ! Bravo !
Have you thought at a pano stitch ? I don't manage well this technique , but belive it could help to compensate the lack of a WA (maybe). I am not shure ,because of the long exposure time . Tobias could tell us more .I agree I am rarely ready to concentrate to such a laborious technique , being too lazy Embarassed .and probably this is a capital sin for a photographer .It seems you're not , just because you were there to take these pics , wich deserve big prints , IMHO Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Why would a wide angle have been better? You are using one of the best lenses available to take a stunning shot.

patrickh

Very Happy Just to have a wider vision, the colors were beautiful .... I wanted to catch them all ...

mo wrote:
Shocked ,I can not believe the quality and beauty of the images you take...thanks for sharing.The 2nd one leaves me speechless...well almost...I had to say something!
How did you take the 2nd one?

Many thanks Moira.... Embarassed
The # 2 was taken with the camera resting on my jacket folded .... 10sec exposure, all the rest did the light ...

yinyangbt wrote:
OUTSTANDING,Daniele ! Bravo !
Have you thought at a pano stitch ? I don't manage well this technique , but belive it could help to compensate the lack of a WA (maybe). I am not shure ,because of the long exposure time . Tobias could tell us more .I agree I am rarely ready to concentrate to such a laborious technique , being too lazy Embarassed .and probably this is a capital sin for a photographer .It seems you're not , just because you were there to take these pics , wich deserve big prints , IMHO Laughing

Stick photos with 10sec exposure and the moving clouds do not think it's a simple thing ..... next time I might try ...Thank you for your kindly comment! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures especially the #2 Shocked ...you are a lucky guy to have this kind of view in your home surrounding, anyway the scenery and atmosphere are perfectly catch, very well done.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Stunning pictures especially the #2 Shocked ...you are a lucky guy to have this kind of view in your home surrounding, anyway the scenery and atmosphere are perfectly catch, very well done.....

Smile Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav is also #2 - very stunning.

Lucky guy!
I'm coming originally from Switzerland and it depresses me quite often a little that I'm now living in a very very flat area with very high light polution Sad

Looks like you should try some deep sky stacking Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
My fav is also #2 - very stunning.

Lucky guy!
I'm coming originally from Switzerland and it depresses me quite often a little that I'm now living in a very very flat area with very high light polution Sad

Looks like you should try some deep sky stacking Wink

I can understand you....I feel same way if I don't see every morning the mountains around me.....
Thank you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your images are stunning. Reminds of those chrome images from browsing through the National Geographic magazine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Your images are stunning. Reminds of those chrome images from browsing through the National Geographic magazine.

Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great image, I remember it from another series of yours.
+1 on the framing idea, normally I don't like this type of trick, but in this case, I find it extremely appropriate, as it perfectly fits the theme.