Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some autumn shots in Bielefeld Germany
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Some autumn shots in Bielefeld Germany Reply with quote

Some "tourist" shots from last week-end in the area of "Bielefeld" in Germany. We were lucky, it was incredible warm for this period of the year (more than 20 deg.) and the light was really great Smile
#1/4/5/8/9 with CZ distagon ZF 2.8/25mm, other shots with zoom Angenieux 70/210 (click on pictures for higher resolution)....

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/ (B&W conversion with silver effex pro)

7/

8/

9/

10/

Thanks for looking and C&C always welcome Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Pascal, really good stuff esp. the Externsteine and teh portrait of you daughter (?)!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent set of photos Pascal, I like them all. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#8 is stunning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
WOW Pascal, really good stuff esp. the Externsteine and teh portrait of you daughter (?)!!

+1 Germany is always beautiful, I think at Autumn the nicest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, wonderful location, #8 is perfect!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, great colours and light!
My favourite is #3, superbe translucency work-

I'd like to ask you, did you make any editing on the background of picture #5?
Because if you didn't, then the Z Distagon 2.8/25 shows big curvature of field! If you look at the background
at extreme left, it is quite focused compared to the central background, which is a lot blurred - and the distance
from the camera should be approximately the same.
I did notice myself some curvature of field in my old Contax Distagons 2.8/25 and 2/28 (the 2/28 especially),
but not so visible at first sight.
I bet that your lens shows great 3D when focusing on near field objects, that fill the frame.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your kind words...

kds315* wrote:

yes, my daughter Very Happy

Attila wrote:

+1 Germany is always beautiful, I think at Autumn the nicest.

yes, Germany is indeed a very attractive country and I have only visit a few parts of it so I still have a lot too discover Very Happy ...only a shame that I don't speak any words in German, very difficult language for a french guy Embarassed ...

Orio wrote:
Beautiful series, great colours and light!
My favourite is #3, superbe translucency work-

I'd like to ask you, did you make any editing on the background of picture #5?
Because if you didn't, then the Z Distagon 2.8/25 shows big curvature of field! If you look at the background
at extreme left, it is quite focused compared to the central background, which is a lot blurred - and the distance
from the camera should be approximately the same.
I did notice myself some curvature of field in my old Contax Distagons 2.8/25 and 2/28 (the 2/28 especially),
but not so visible at first sight.
I bet that your lens shows great 3D when focusing on near field objects, that fill the frame.

I'm not sure it's a big curvative of field, the extreme left (trees) on the background and the extreme right (tower) was quite closer than the center and I was quite close from my daughter for this portrait Confused .... but one thing is sure, the lens is quite soft at the edges wide open (and till f5.6), and it's clearly visible on this shot.... but it's extremely sharp in the center (from wide open) and above that, the lens has really nice color rendering, it does not need any PP...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:

I'm not sure it's a big curvative of field, the extreme left (trees) on the background and the extreme right (tower) was quite closer than the center

Ok, then it's normal!
From your photo I was under the wrong impression that the leftmost trees were at the same distance as the center trees.

I could tell that you were very close to your daughter because she's not all inside the frame and with a 25mm lens,
it means you must be at a couple meters distance only; also, because the blur is quite strong and on a 25mm f/2.8 lens
it can only be obtained with near field focusing. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely series Pascal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....congrats...your next job will be tourist guide photographer in Bielefeld Very Happy
no #8 gets my vote

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pascal, my fave is #8 too. But in total very nice series.

I believe I wasn't there more than 30 years and the location is only 100 km away Shocked

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suat & Thomas & Rolf, thanks also for your kind com...

Rolf wrote:
Hi Pascal, my fave is #8 too. But in total very nice series.
I believe I wasn't there more than 30 years and the location is only 100 km away Shocked
Wink

Oh, I didn't realised you were living so closed from there! Actually, I was first thinking to visit your area (and may be have a morning walk together Very Happy ) but my girlfriend want to visit "Bielefeld" and the nature park "Eggeweg" and we had only two days so it was actually a very short trip!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. I like #8 too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Just have seen that.

That's an amazing set. You have used the nice landscape and the great light very well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit late but thanks also Carsten for your nice word Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Those colors! I am stunned!

Heel fraaie foto's Pascal!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fine set Pascal. I love that distagon!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon D700?
Great shots!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss these before?!! Absolutely beautiful, Pascal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys .....for those who would like to visit this place, pictures #7,8 & 9 were shoot in the Botanic garden from Bielefeld, a stunning garden and free entrance Very Happy

yinyangbt wrote:
Nikon D700?
Great shots!

Yes Wink