Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fall colours, Albert County, 2012 pt 4 - Pentacon's revenge!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Fall colours, Albert County, 2012 pt 4 - Pentacon's revenge! Reply with quote

After the advice I got from my last round of pictures (link), I had a closer look at the Pentacon and determined that the hard infinity stop is indeed past infinity.

Today's shot -

Last time -

And yeah the horizon is crooked in today's shot but it was drab and cloudy and I was really just going for a test shot anyway.

I'm glad to see decent results at infinity, but a little grumped out that the lens is now a carefully check live view on the tripod lens and not a stroll around, twist until the hard infinity stop and snap handheld lens. In the short term I may just duct tape it in proper infinity focus position. The leaves are starting to seriously fall, and my camera time will be out shooting what's left of the colours. If I need to focus on something closer I've got many excellent lenses to pick from.

While I was out I grabbed another image at a tiny nearby lake, an image where perfect sharpness doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much better even with all you care, this lens has one of the most variable quality what I know. Only a few people report good results.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
this lens has one of the most variable quality what I know

I have two copies of the Pentacon 29mm 2.8.
The first one I got doesn't deliver any sharp picture. Mechnical nothing wrong, no reason to believe in misuse.
But the second one is very nice!