Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-11 133mm f/2.8 with M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Tair-11 133mm f/2.8 with M42 mount Reply with quote

I'm happy to be the first to introduce this great lens. I have yet to take my best pictures with it, so will add to these when I do. But for now, these pictures will demonstrate the wonderful character of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Cardinal shot, lovely lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like this lens very much too, first one is clearly present what this lens can do. Creamy bokeh ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorgeous!

thanks for sharing these

tf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots, this is my best ~135mm (mine is M39)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.2 is my favourite - great colour and composition.

Very nice set Woodrim Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from this past weekend and one of my favorite lenses. I was in Georgetown, SC; an interesting small, historic town with old time charm, fishing, boating, and industry right nearby in the form of a barely operational Georgetown Steel and International Paper Corp. The smoke stack in the background is IP. This lens definitely has a signature, and a lovely one at that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens was one of my first 'shocking lens' lovely samples, especially #1 one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always called this lens "the Soviet Leica lens"...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This lens was one of my first 'shocking lens' lovely samples, especially #1 one.

Yes, Attila, every time I use it I get images that are distinctly different from what any other lens provides. Yesterday, on our Thanksgiving holiday, my daughter was kind enough to stroll the beach with me and cooperate for some portraits. Again, good sharpness against a unique creamy bokeh. Maybe sunglasses should have come off Cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just perfect , she is a beautiful young lady , lens did capture her very well. Sharpness, color optimal in my opinion. Sunglasses did help to make them more fashion magazine looking than family member portrait. I love them!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Just perfect , she is a beautiful young lady , lens did capture her very well. Sharpness, color optimal in my opinion. Sunglasses did help to make them more fashion magazine looking than family member portrait. I love them!

+1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila and Orio. Obviously I have fallen in love with this lens (love daughter too) and will continue to build on this best-of-lens thread when I get worthy images. My daughter very fortunately has gotten her looks from her mother, not me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an opportunity to use this lens in a beautiful setting on an old Charleston plantation. Thought these shots might be worthy representative images from the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I missed this thread before: I read a lot of good reviews/comment about this lens, but I didn't see many pics from it.
Amazing character from the lens, and beautiful photos.

Oh, and thanks for making me add yet another 135 to my wish list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah jeez Sad another lens added to my wish-list Rolling Eyes

Superb examples Mike. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not a bad lens to have. Aanything: If it helps, this one is 133mm; you probably don't have that yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a great difference in character between this 133mm and the 135mm variety?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know because I don't have the 11A. I do know that I love this lens and rate its bokeh abouve the Meyer "Bokeh Monster", which I do have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Don't know because I don't have the 11A. I do know that I love this lens and rate its bokeh abouve the Meyer "Bokeh Monster", which I do have.

Thanks Smile
Maybe someone else here has both Question

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m not a frequent poster on this forum, but as I see this is a recent thread.. I have the tair 11a and this or next week I will be picking up the tair 11 13,3/2.8 Very Happy I love the appeal of the silver finish old version but I still have to find out what the difference is exactly, I hope it is less bulky...
As far as I know both have 20 aperture blades, when it arrives I´ll put them next to each other for a photo shoot Cool

regards, Margriet

edit: here are some sample pics of the tair 11-a on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21978338@N06/sets/72157630317931374/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takumargriet wrote:
I´m not a frequent poster on this forum, but as I see this is a recent thread.. I have the tair 11a and this or next week I will be picking up the tair 11 13,3/2.8 Very Happy I love the appeal of the silver finish old version but I still have to find out what the difference is exactly, I hope it is less bulky...
As far as I know both have 20 aperture blades, when it arrives I´ll put them next to each other for a photo shoot Cool

regards, Margriet

edit: here are some sample pics of the tair 11-a on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21978338@N06/sets/72157630317931374/

Anti-spam measure, links/images don't show in a first time post. Wink

Look forward to your comparison shots. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the comparison shots should go some where else? Taking in account this gallery is supposed to have topics with just pictures from one lens, or not?

Anyway, the seller of the lens decided to save me the 2 x 1 hour trip by train and came by today (what a nice service!) so, I now have the lens here already. It´s the tair 11-2 in m42 mount version. So I now wonder what is the difference between tair 11 and tair 11-2?

Cool maybe someone has all three of them ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to show them I put some pics in a different thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1267794.html#1267794