Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'sliding' with the xpan in france
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: 'sliding' with the xpan in france Reply with quote

here are a few from my 'new' xpan and 45/4 lens taken in france this past summer. be gentle as i'm still learning to use this rig and these were only my 2nd through 4th rolls. it takes a lot of adjusting not only in 'scene management' but also in re learning DOF. the first two are elite chrome 100 and the rest are provia 100.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Tony, the format is impressive and the colors of provia shines !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, Tony ! You had a beautiful trip , it seems Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#10 especially what I like.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wide format is just so nice, the results show you are mastering your new gear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, thanks for sharing.
Love the places and the colours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh, thank you all so much! i cant tell you how much i enjoy shooting with this gear. the camera feels great in my hands, its so solid and substantial, but not too big. the vf is just awesome, wide big and bright. being able to go from normal to pano view, from 45to 24mm or 90 to 50mm at the flip of a switch is such a boon to instantly achieving your vision. like the shot with the street musicians, it just wouldnt have been as good in pano, but the street scenes were so much more effective in pano.

i find the quality rivals medium format, the metering is great, and i have so much headroom to make highlight and shadow adjustments that i was stunned. i think i can honestly say that using this camera makes me smile both before and after i see the results.

thanks again!
tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series! Looks like very nice holidays
The Elitechrome seems to be harder to scan than the Provia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive results - my fave is #5. That has to be one fun camera to use!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys!

jussi: #5 is one of my favorites also. i'm very partial to 7, but i think 6 also shows the special perspective of the pano mode.

FS: i'm not sure about the difference in scanning as they were scanned by the same outside source at the same time. i do think the color profiles of elite chrome and provia are very different though, perhaps that is what you are seeing.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great set, Tony! Cool Picking faves, it would have to be 6, 7, and 10, but like them all, well done!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much bill! this rig is just a pure joy to use. i'm having a lot of fun and feeling very comfortable with it.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sweet rig in your hands, Tony, congrats! Love the locales in these, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, you ROCK with the X-Pan, no two ways about it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi larry, how ya doin'? nice to hear from you, thanks. like your contax ax, the xpan is a truly unique piece of engineering. to be able to switch between pano and regular frame within a single roll is not only awesome, but very fun and creative. and while slow, the quality of the lenses is second to none. i honestly dont think i could have both more fun and get better results on film with another camera.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My faves are 5 and 10, but an enjoyable series in all, congrats, Tony! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a really nice job with that camera. I like them all. Quite impressive and looks like a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. it is the most fun film camera ive ever used.
tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convincing pictures Tony! They represent the story and the mood very well

#10 is a cracker!

"i find the quality rivals medium format, the metering is great, and i have so much headroom to make highlight and shadow adjustments that i was stunned. i think i can honestly say that using this camera makes me smile both before and after i see the results." - yep. That's a love story right there Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your very kind words hari.
tony