Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya 80mm 1.9 lens on Canon 5DII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Mamiya 80mm 1.9 lens on Canon 5DII Reply with quote

Just processed these RAW files down to jpegs with little or no adjustment made: see what you think... I'm very happy with colour and sharpness.

Laughing

Last edited by tikkathree on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice pics, sharp with beautiful milky bokeh !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Mamiya lenses are excellent. I just wish there were adapters to use the 35mm Mamiyas on NEX as I have several mint ones Sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice, Mamiya lenses are excellent. I just wish there were adapters to use the 35mm Mamiyas on NEX as I have several mint ones Sad

Thanks Ian, do you mean to say the Nex is under-resourced adapter-wise? I take it that these immaculate MAmiya lenses - which aren't in your sig - are other than M42 mount?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture four is pure class. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Thank you kind sir but I wonder if instead of "class" you meant to say "grass"? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful rendering by the lens! My favourite pictures are #2 and #4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

One of a kind, this photo #4.

I take that the photos are taken with the 85/1.9 and not the 85/2.8, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

One of a kind, this photo #4.

I take that the photos are taken with the 85/1.9 and not the 85/2.8, right?

I need to correct my description that it is the 80mm lens, but you're right the 1.9 version.

That scene in #4 was just waving at me across this field of wheat, I could see the much darker rogue wild oats and I knew what I wanted to capture. I was lucky that I could do it from the edge of the field without wading into the crop. Light good, opportunity good, equipment good: you nice people seem to think that the result is good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Thanks Ian, do you mean to say the Nex is under-resourced adapter-wise? I take it that these immaculate MAmiya lenses - which aren't in your sig - are other than M42 mount?

Yes, I have a 2.8/28 in the NC1000S mount and several E Series in the later mount for the ZE and ZM cameras. The former there is no adapter for, the latter are unusable as the aperture is fully electronic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
tikkathree wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Yes, I have a 2.8/28 in the NC1000S mount and several E Series in the later mount for the ZE and ZM cameras. The former there is no adapter for, the latter are unusable as the aperture is fully electronic.

Neither camera costs a lot. I've had 65 plus -year old long term hobby photographers be very snooty about Mamiya cameras. Let 'em wax on about Leicas and WWII aerial cameras, I care not hahaha!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 80/1.9 is an interesting lens and is quite significantly affected by CA wide open, more so then most of the other Mamiya lenses.

Last edited by jjphoto on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya 80/1.9 with tilt.

Last edited by jjphoto on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me that background is just beautiful.The FF camera just gives these lenses that little extra... Laughing