Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

F-22 Raptor Flight Demonstration (Tiar 3, Takumar 200 F3.5)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: F-22 Raptor Flight Demonstration (Tiar 3, Takumar 200 F3.5) Reply with quote

I had a chance to watch an F-22 Raptor Flight Demonstration yesturday. This is the first time I've seen the F-22 in person, it is an AWESOME machine. From takeoff to landing I was breathless at the maneuverability of this aircraft. It hovered on its tail, did stationary flat spins and went from fast forward flight to nearly standing still in an instant. It looked like it defied the laws of physics. It was really something to see.

I took a few hundred photos of the flight, but narrowed it down to fourteen (I'm sure that's plenty for most people Wink). The only real problem was that they scheduled the flight demo for 3:30 p.m., and we were facing west, directly into the sun, so the photos aren't near as good/interesting as they could have been if the event was scheduled for earlier in the day.

I used two cameras and two lenses for photographing the flight, my Pentax K-x with the Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Preset in the photosniper mount, and my Pentax K20D with a Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset. Both lenses were set to F5.6. The originals are at 1200 pix wide, so to see the full size, you'll probably have to visit my flickr page.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

F-22-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-8 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-9 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-10 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-11 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-12 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-13 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

F-22-14 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked To get such pictures with your lenses is really great. Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Shocked To get such pictures with your lenses is really great. Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Wink

+1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High class stuff ! congratulations!
This 2 lenses are producing really fine stuff ...

Last photograph is my fave ... seems that the pilot is a friend of you Very Happy

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific. Well done

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots, very well done. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Wink

+1

+2 Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Wink

+1

Amazing series...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Wink

Thank you. The Tair 3 and Tak 200 Preset are my two favorite telephotos. I've only used them on wildlife photography up until now. I am now looking for some more motorsports/action events to use them in as I had so much fun photographing the F-22.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Rolf wrote:

Wink

+1

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
High class stuff ! congratulations!
This 2 lenses are producing really fine stuff ...

Last photograph is my fave ... seems that the pilot is a friend of you Very Happy

Cheers
Tobias

Thank you Tobias, glad you liked them! I was right on the flightline, so I had a pretty good spot for shooting the action Laughing Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really, really like the photos of the f-22 flying with the p-51 ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! *claps enthusiastically*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent images!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series! 1 and 9 are absolute stunners!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing photos Smile !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that lenses used was manual focus! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has all been said, but I would like to add my "Stunning!" to the comments.