Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swooosh!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Swooosh! Reply with quote

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Zeiss_Planar_50mm_f/1.4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea and well executed. Marvellous!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visually interesting and creative, good one!!

Suggestion: why not try another one with slow shutter time and tripod?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
skida wrote:

+1

+2 !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:

Thanks skida!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Visually interesting and creative, good one!!

Suggestion: why not try another one with slow shutter time and tripod?

Interesting idea! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
skida wrote:

+1

Thanks Mr. 56!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
56 DIN wrote:
skida wrote:

+1

+2 !

Thanks Sir Poilu!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone - much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful image. Refreshing and clean. Gorgeous all around. The water looks clear
and COLD!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Laurence, much appreciated!

Messing with skin-tones and exposure a little:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Zeiss_Planar_50mm_f/1.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps just a little bit too much yellow in the skin tone? The face seems to look a little too
much on the orange part of the spectrum? What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Perhaps just a little bit too much yellow in the skin tone? The face seems to look a little too
much on the orange part of the spectrum? What do you think?

Probably right. It's difficult to tell - Japanese kids (living in Japan) playing in the Sun turn a golden brown. Actual color (on my monitor) is probably somewhere between the original and the edit.

I wonder what's causing the strange artifacts where her arms are in front of her pokadot dress? It almost looks like someone poured on the sharpening but the tiny bit I added had no affect there. Motion blur + lighting? <shrug>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that the skin tones turn a golden color with sun. That makes the image pretty true to life then, I suppose.

Tessalator, I see a blue outline on the arms where they are against the dress in the background. Almost like the sensor
or lens picked up some blue somewhere and put it on the edges.

But anyway, after all this nitpicking - the image is simply gorgeous. Shutter speed, comp, everything!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
I didn't know that the skin tones turn a golden color with sun. That makes the image pretty true to life then, I suppose.

Yeah, I spent my entire childhood and most of my adolescence on the beaches of So. Cal. from 1960 to 1980 and never saw (or noticed) this color tone till I moved to Japan. The color is almost a glowing brown-gold. I did a search but surprisingly the first 100 links from two different searches produced nothing relevant. This kind of tanning is considered low class or "common" (for some strange reason) recently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_in_Japanese_culture and of course for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro - although Wiki actually translated it wrong! It doesn't mean "panda face" it means "dark face". Maybe I'll change it... Wiki... heh. (Edit: I changed it... let's see if it sticks)

Quote:
Tessalator, I see a blue outline on the arms where they are against the dress in the background. Almost like the sensor
or lens picked up some blue somewhere and put it on the edges.

Whatever it is it's sure strange looking. Razz I guess it's not too noticeable tho with the water, the face, and the dress grabbing most of the viewer's attention. Maybe. Smile

Quote:
But anyway, after all this nitpicking - the image is simply gorgeous. Shutter speed, comp, everything!

Thanks man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As before, excellent catch (pretty model) and I like the naturalness of the first.

Too bad you only had the Planar to use for this, j/k. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat!

Yeah... sucky zeiss... heh! Very Happy