Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Croft Motorbike Racing 19/08/12 (Minolta 100-200) Pic Heavy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Croft Motorbike Racing 19/08/12 (Minolta 100-200) Pic Heavy Reply with quote

Used the Minolta 100-200 that i bought specificly to do track work and i have to say i love it, All taken with A700, in camera JPGS with Deep setting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!, you have an amazing skill at tracking those bikes, that's frekkin sharp.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nisselitan, This is my first outing with this lens and i suspected from what i had seen that it would be ideal for these type of shots.
I have tried these with the Tamron 70-300 D and i was not happy with 1 picture soft is an understatment.
The 70-210 Beercan excellent but focus hunts to often and is to slow when it does.
The sigma 70-210 F2.8 to heavy to many blurred images.
But this thing has to be one of the best track lenses for a place like croft.
Sharp as a proverbial razorblade, fast focusing light and works a treat.
I dont think that even in todays glass there is a lens that fits to this one out there.
Yes its slow being F4.5 but its a damn fine piece of minolta glass that gets overlooked by the Beercan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great panning technique and nice shots too. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results ! Some of these shots could be advertising for the Minolta/Konica/Sony technological DNA in photography .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great panning technique and nice shots too.

+1

That's impressive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that's speedy !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i use a trusted setting that i have recorded in to memory for the camera
Depending on the day if its sunny or cloudy
Shutter Speed 200
Iso 160 (250 for when getting dark due to thunderclouds)
Centre weighted metering
Aperture F8 (F7.1 for cloudy)
Dynamic Range set to advanced
SSS disabled (image stabilisation)
Burst mode High
Focus set to continuas and the AF/MF set to manual button
I then follow them from the bend on to the open straight, following the focus and then press the af/ mf lock to set the camera to MF and take the pic as i pan smoothly all being well it works good, of 50-60 shots i got 3 non keepers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just bought this lens because of your post.
Now please, feel guilty.

No, seriously, great pics, hope to get something half as good with mine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this lens and liked it a lot, but the AF was really slow and clunky on my old Minolda Dynax 7D.

According to some rumours this lens was built to spec for surveillance. Small, good range and sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything i have to say this is one of the best lenses i have i really like it and its great, please make sure to post some pics with the lens i would love to see some, I always enjoy your pictures.
I hope you did not pay to much for the lens.
If it makes you feel any better i have purchased many a lens due to posts on here.
This lens really does feel good on the body i have to say i have done several hundred shots since owning it and i am always pleased by them.
And i never feel conscious as when i carry the 80-200

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Aanything i have to say this is one of the best lenses i have i really like it and its great, please make sure to post some pics with the lens i would love to see some, I always enjoy your pictures.
I hope you did not pay to much for the lens.
If it makes you feel any better i have purchased many a lens due to posts on here.
This lens really does feel good on the body i have to say i have done several hundred shots since owning it and i am always pleased by them.
And i never feel conscious as when i carry the 80-200

I was just joking, it's fun to blame others for what you do Laughing

I was in (real) need of a longish af zoom, and I saw this for around 60 euros, so I bought it remembering this post of yours.
Also, I always had a weakness for minolta af zooms (one of the reasons why I bought a sony dslr), so I'm always tempted when I see one.

I should receive it in some days, and I hope to get out soon: Work is keeping me away from photography these days, and I'm really angry because we're having some beautiful winter light.