Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just got my Zeiss Tessar 50mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work with the Tessar! I really like the first batch of B&W's, and then the beatuiful little girl with the water balloon and the Harlem Stoop informal portrait. The water balloon pic really demonstrates your ability to "capture the moment" with a mf lens. Little kids are the hardest subjects to keep in focus. By the look of the nicely blurred background, it looks like you must have been at a fairly wide aperture, so holding focus with a narrow depth of field could not have been easy. Nice work.

Your copy is truly exceptional. The first image of the first set looks almost too sharp to be a Tessar!

The Tessar is a classic design which renders scenes with what I feel is a very nice 3D effect. I have always found the Tessars I have used are sharpest 2 or 3 stops down (not uncommon for most lenses, actually). I have always thought (probably mistakenly) that the Tessar is a really an f/3.5 lens and pushing the design to a max aperture of f/2.8 was really pushing the envelope. I remember reading that in the mid 50s or early 60s Zeiss produced "re-computed" Tessars, like the Pro-Tessars for the Contaflex series that were really superior.

Can't wait to see more of your work!

Best,

paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!! and to think I got this lens for free!!! Now I cant wait to show you all my other lenses/pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lil lightroom 4 action.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter