Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hartblei Super-Rotator 45/3.5 MC TS-PC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Hartblei Super-Rotator 45/3.5 MC TS-PC Reply with quote

When I got this lens a month ago it seemed I might not be able to use it on my Canon 7D, the lens was a Contax 645 medium format and adapters were proving hard to find. (see this thread http://forum.mflenses.com/contax-645-adapter-to-eos-solved-t51070.html)
But after some internet searching I found a company willing to create an adapter for me, this firm http://www.srb-griturn.com/.
They returned my lens yesterday and I'm very impressed with the quality of their work. They essentially created a T2 mount and added a T2-EOS adapter, the head engineer told me that they allowed the lens to focus beyond infinity (better than not reaching it) and suggested a paper shim to suit. I've done just that today and now it's perfect. Very Happy
Photos of the lens and mount:

And how this beast looks on my 7D Razz

I've never used a tilt/shift lens before so I really don't know what I'm doing. However, I took it out yesterday and managed to create an image which gave the miniature effect that you often see from these lenses.

I will be using the lens mostly for architectural work but it does have it's fun side. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great!! Cool lens Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good example. For me it's always difficult to find the right perspective and viewpoint for this miniature effect to work well. I need to go out and practice more. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimHar wrote:
That's great!! Cool lens Laughing

Thanks. It attracts a lot of attention because it's so rarely seen. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare indeed. First time saw it!
Looks heavy and... nerd - impressive engineering art - just love the look of it Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
That's a good example. For me it's always difficult to find the right perspective and viewpoint for this miniature effect to work well. I need to go out and practice more. Smile

Thanks, it was more luck than design. I was around 40-50 feet above the garden in the photo and tried all manner of permutations with the lens before getting that shot. It's not easy to see the effect through the viewfinder, I must have wasted 50 shots before I got it right. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Rare indeed. First time saw it!
Looks heavy and... nerd - impressive engineering art - just love the look of it Laughing

You're correct, it weighs just over a kilo Surprised
The engineering is outstanding, every movement is positive and silky smooth. I think it's the only lens that allows the tilt and shift to rotate 360 degrees independently of each other. Razz
I've just found a couple more examples of the miniature effect which worked (sort of), the gardens are about 200 yards from top to bottom....

The second shot shows the falconry shows I often go to, you can see the falconer in front of his audience.
This is one lens which will never leave my possession. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, both amazing shots! Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

I thought "wow, that's cool" until you mentioned weight Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Wow, both amazing shots! Surprised
Thanks. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

I thought "wow, that's cool" until you mentioned weight Wink

It's still cool, just very heavy cool. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful beast, superb mini garden pics!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
[

Saves you on gym too, between this and Tair I don't think you need any additional workout Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
beautiful beast, superb mini garden pics!
Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
[

Saves you on gym too, between this and Tair I don't think you need any additional workout Laughing

You're right, this is all the workout I'll need. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens and photos. Glad you finally got the riddle sorted out!! I was going to add to the possibility of SL66 and Hasselblad mounts which are also have those four tabs Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
I was lucky to stubble across the photographic/engineering company which solved the problem, they did an amazing job. In fact, I've turned to them again because I can't find a lens cap for an old fisheye lens I have. I'm hoping they can create something that will protect the front element. Smile