Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Evening with the Elk, a Morning with Mule Deer, Tair 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: An Evening with the Elk, a Morning with Mule Deer, Tair 3 Reply with quote

Here's a set I took this past winter while trying out my new (to me) Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Preset lens.

These were shot with my new Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Preset lens set to F5.6. After shooting all day with this lens, all I can say is that this lens is incredible. Great sharpness, color and bokeh. The rifle stock setup really works well too. Slung it on my shoulder like a rifle while hiking, and it makes for very steady photography with that 4 pound lens.

Elk-18-Feb-2012-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Elk-18-Feb-2012-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Elk-18-Feb-2012-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Elk-18-Feb-2012-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Here's the rest of the wildlife photos taken that morning with my Tair 3 300mm F4.5 lens (photosniper setup), taken at F5.6.

I came up on a small herd of mostly juvenile mule deer when on the hike. They let me get pretty close (~15 ft.) Smile

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Mule-Deer-18-Feb-2012-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW they are all jaw dropping
i like them a lot Bravo

Regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked at the ones with the sigma Apo and these i prefer theses a million times more colours and sharpness are much better the sigma looks flat dull and unsharp.
Bravo on these excellent images

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. What a patience to be able to stalk the beasts until you get a nice enough shot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful captures Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice results!

How did you connect the body (K-x?) on the photosniper set?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive!

This lens is good, and the photographer even better! Very Happy
How did you manage to get so close?
Thx for sharing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are brilliant and number 2 is my favourite, wonderful light and great pop from that old Tair 3!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arhi_tectu1 wrote:
WOW they are all jaw dropping
i like them a lot Bravo

Regards
Catalin

Thank you, glad you liked them! That Tair 3 never lets me down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Having looked at the ones with the sigma Apo and these i prefer theses a million times more colours and sharpness are much better the sigma looks flat dull and unsharp.
Bravo on these excellent images

Yep, there is really nothing that I've found that compares to the Tair 3 for its IQ. The Pentax 200mm F3.5 Preset is VERY close, but it is only 200mm compared to 300mm. Both lenses never are left behind when I go on my hikes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nice. What a patience to be able to stalk the beasts until you get a nice enough shot.

Thanks. That is part of the fun for me. I can spend hours working my way into an elk or deer herd. It is always rewarded with decent photos, but the experience itself is what I love most.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
Wonderful captures Very Happy

Thank you, glad you liked them

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Really nice results!

How did you connect the body (K-x?) on the photosniper set?

Thanks. The Tair 3 is a M42 lens, so it fits right on the camera. To use the trigger on the Photosniper stock, I made a small flexible pushrod that connects to the trigger that operates the cameras shutter button when the trigger is pressed. Makes for an EXCELLENT wildlife photography setup. You just have to be careful where you use it since it looks so much like a rifle.

Here's a bad photo of the setup.

photosniper by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Impressive!

This lens is good, and the photographer even better! Very Happy
How did you manage to get so close?
Thx for sharing

Thank you.

I've been stalking wildlife for years, so when I got my first DSLR 2 years ago (Pentax Kx) it just sort of naturally turned my wildlife sessions into great photo opportunities.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really make that set up work well for you. Excellent and interesting wild animal shots.