Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 70-210 3.5 Kiron version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 70-210 3.5 Kiron version Reply with quote

My sexy blonde postie delivered this to me this morning, it was a cheap purchase from ebay. The seller claimed to have owned it from new and looked after it, so it wasn't a surprise to find it is immaculate.
I took it to my favourite testing ground, the local castle, and I have to say I'm impressed.

The only adapter I have doesn't record aperture so I can't say for sure what was used but the birds were shot at 5.6
It's obviously very versatile (which is why I bought it) and with my Raynox adapter I can reach a magnification of 2:1 with a working distance of 11cm.
I'm very happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is ... wow...

And as usual the flying birds. Manual focus with such a quality, in these conditions, is incredible..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 70-210 3.5 Kiron version Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
My sexy blonde postie delivered this to me this morning

forget about the lens , show us her Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.
The close ups are awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is class glass, there's no getting away from that. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I will not hesitate anymore.
Local seller on eBay put his copy for the third time (price starts @ 45 €). Only thing that bothers me is that I have to buy another adapter for my Nex (Canon FD to NEX). I think that will push me to buy some more lenses again...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on the bird shots.

Having owned both the Kiron & Komine versions of this lens, I can say that the Komine, from my experience, is just a little bit better (and smaller).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexaddict wrote:
#1 is ... wow...

And as usual the flying birds. Manual focus with such a quality, in these conditions, is incredible..

I second that.

WolverineX wrote:

SonicScot wrote:
My sexy blonde postie delivered this to me this morning

forget about the lens , show us her Very Happy

And I second that too Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb that's all I can say, mind you I do believe the photographer has a lot to do with bringing out the best in this lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noddywithoutbigears wrote:
Superb that's all I can say, mind you I do believe the photographer has a lot to do with bringing out the best in this lens. Very Happy

+1 +1

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 - Nice bird in flight shot...

#5 - Okay, now I'm impressed. That's a great BIF shot. Getting one like this with a MF lens is quite challenging.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to multi-quote Embarassed

@ Hexaddict
Thank you.

@ WolverineX
unlikely, she's normally been and gone by the time I get up Rolling Eyes

@ Minolfan
Thanks, see the answer above

@ hoanpham
Thank you

@ Lloydy
Better than I had hoped for

@ Ghost2501
Go on! It's worth it Wink

@ martinsmith99
Thanks. I debated which version to get but after reading a ton of reviews/opinions online I didn't think there'd be a noticeable difference between them. So I bought the one that looked like it had been cherished by it's owner.

@ Omar
Thanks

@ noddywithoutbigears
Thank you, much appreciated Very Happy

@ pdccameras
Thank you Very Happy

@ woodrim
Thank you very much. My brain was muddled by the fact I was holding a zoom, I couldn't decide which FL to use so tried them all Laughing next time I'll settle on one FL and stick to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great serie, # 4 & 5 are realy great Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Great serie, # 4 & 5 are realy great Shocked

Thank you.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the lens on my 7D, with my 'new' Velbon flash bracket. I have an identical flash bracket due to arrive any day, I'm hoping the two together will work well for macro shots. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lose the Tupperware. Surprised Unless it's for indoor use and low ceilings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Lose the Tupperware. Surprised Unless it's for indoor use and low ceilings.

It came with the flash and if I take it off I'll lose it Rolling Eyes I have used it indoor and it wasn't too bad but I consider it as protection more than anything. I've ordered a couple of those mini 'softboxes' to see what they're like instead. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for the flash bracket and beautiful orange coating from this lens Smile ....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Good idea for the flash bracket and beautiful orange coating from this lens Smile ....

Thanks.
The idea is to make a steel bracket to fit under the camera which the two Velbon brackets can attach to. The two brackets should be free to swivel whatever direction I need. Two Yongnuo flashes, (one) wirelessly triggered by the 7D, no cables to get in the way. Very Happy
I'm thinking this could be used for portraits too...well, maybe Confused Question

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Good idea for the flash bracket and beautiful orange coating from this lens ....

The honour for the nice orange reflection is for the photographer! Well done SonicScot.
The coating of the lens isn't orange at all . At least not on mine. Rolling Eyes
I have two of these (MD since they first came out and a M42, purchased nearly 5 years ago for my DSLR).