Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dad, do we realy have this "monster" in our garden
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Dad, do we realy have this "monster" in our garden Reply with quote

......that's about what said my boy when he saw the picture on my screen Laughing
(reversed voigtlander 2/40+macro rings+flash)

I must say I had no idea what kind of bugs was it so after a quick research on the Net, it appears to be in fact a larva from a Asian lady beetles ("Harmonia axyridis"), so this little "monster" should becomes a lovely lady beetles like this:

Quite amazing nature Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shot Pascal... I will say; Thank God it so small my son, imagine if it size same as us Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Pascal. Is there any special reason to use the reversed voigtländer lens for this type of images ?

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
great shot Pascal... I will say; Thank God it so small my son, imagine if it size same as us Very Happy

that's indeed what I thought Very Happy

Rolf wrote:
Very nice Pascal. Is there any special reason to use the reversed voigtländer lens for this type of images ?

Wink

well, the only reason is to get higher macro magnification Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot!

IAZA wrote:

it would go to the barbecue, food for 3 weeks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice shot!

IAZA wrote:

it would go to the barbecue, food for 3 weeks

you are a cruel guy Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine shot

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Pascal! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly a good monster to have! Nice one, I'd never seen them that close-up!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning shoots!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your nice words, I really appreciate.....
I want also special thanks RenseH who give me first the idea of reversing the lens and above that the inspiration with his amazing macro's.....
I'm just a little bit surprised that this serie get so much com compared to my serie from last week which I must say, I was quite more proud of the results Embarassed ( http://forum.mflenses.com/macros-from-today-reversed-voigtlander-2-40-on-d700-t50181.html )....but anyway, macro shooting with this combo is so much fun, what is really great is that you can discover some amazing bugs simply in your garden and without travelling hours to get the right spot, very handy when you don't have too much free time Very Happy ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these monsters too.
1st one might be a bit scary, but 2nd is very good.

A normal 50/55 macro lens is my fav to walk with kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:

I'm just a little bit surprised that this serie get so much com compared to my serie from last week which I must say, I was quite more proud of the results Embarassed ( http://forum.mflenses.com/macros-from-today-reversed-voigtlander-2-40-on-d700-t50181.html )

These are good too, but I agree about the other series being better, because of the background (in my opinion). The cream coloured background of the previous series was creating a nicer contrast with the leaves. The bugs look equally good in my view.

pich900 wrote:
....but anyway, macro shooting with this combo is so much fun, what is really great is that you can discover some amazing bugs simply in your garden and without travelling hours to get the right spot, very handy when you don't have too much free time Very Happy ...

Indeed!
I would have these opportunity too, but enlarged bugs freak me out, pretty much like your son! Laughing This is also why I usually skip the bugs threads I'm afraid Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Indeed!
I would have these opportunity too, but enlarged bugs freak me out, pretty much like your son! Laughing This is also why I usually skip the bugs threads I'm afraid Embarassed

me too Laughing