Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 71 - Olympus 35mm/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 71 - Olympus 35mm/2 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with E-M5

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples with very good colours. Quite a lens!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it is. 35mm/2 is one of my favorites.
most of these samples were taken in the ZOO pavillions that were dark and through glass, but with this lens (and camera) it was like i was shooting in daylight. with E-520 i couldn't get shots in there without motion blur

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
yes, it is. 35mm/2 is one of my favorites.
most of these samples were taken in the ZOO pavillions that were dark and through glass, but with this lens (and camera) it was like i was shooting in daylight. with E-520 i couldn't get shots in there without motion blur

Yes, well done. Both camera and lens did perform very well (sure the photographer did it too) Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What serial number is it?
MC version?
I can buy one but since i've read different opinions about this lens (mostly negative) i'd love to have yours too.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots indeed, I love number 4 of the new series...he looks very relaxed if a little grumpy Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
What serial number is it?
MC version?
I can buy one but since i've read different opinions about this lens (mostly negative) i'd love to have yours too.

serial number is 146857
yes it is MC version

as i said i like it a lot. i don't have anything negative to say about it

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the fact is i only run into negative comments on the net and most of the people say it's not a stellar lens compared to other Zuikos.
Do you have any full size image at f/2?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
Thanks, the fact is i only run into negative comments on the net and most of the people say it's not a stellar lens compared to other Zuikos.
Do you have any full size image at f/2?

well most of these new samples were taken wide open

here is an address for original size of the lizzard shot
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7235/7269462704_4da8f3bdc9_o.jpg

Last edited by WolverineX on Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, i'd love to see how it performs from f/2 onwards in front of a test scene, to be honest.
Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photos Wolverine. looks like a good lens.
It is a good thing that most of us do not rely on personal
opinions regarding quality of lenses....otherwise each of us
would not own so many...we like to find out by ourselves.
Old lenses with not good reputation on film will often shine with
some of the new digital sensors.

"if you are not using what you already have ,
you won`t use what you think you need."
Ken Duncan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you say is sort of true but remember that we share our experience so everybody knows what could be a nice purchase and what to avoid.
I'm here asking about this lens because he has the very same version i'd love to buy but, after i had found very little infos about it and most of them rated it poorly, i wanted to know what his experience was.
I am looking at the pictures but i would like to see full res pictures, crops at different apertures, maybe a comparison with another 35 of the same league.
I know that could be bothersome but think of it as a favor that will be returned in the future somehow, when you're looking for infos about something and somebody has his thoughts already layed down at your disposal.
We know this is a tricky field and that we must gather as much informations as possible so nothing gets lost and people can enjoy a nice purchase if they're tight on budget.
Of course, there's nothing bad in buying a lens you never heard of and start looking at it from scratch but that's another story.
Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said ilguercio....I have been taught much from the people at this site
and at this time I want to thank all the people here , moderators and whoever
started this site to expand this great hobby...Thank You.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! This lens is one of the highest on my list of lenses to test! I've got the Samyang 35mm f/1.4 now, which is absolutely amazing, but this one also doesn't seem to be too bad Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots WolverineX. All the shots, and especially the full size lizard, tell me all I need to know about the quality of this lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples from a lovely lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples.
Same here, my is mc and I love my too. I can't recall any negative about this lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having tested some of the big-brand 35 f2 in the market: ais 35 f2, fd 35 f2, fd-n 35 f2, ST 35 f2, SMC-K 35 f2 and the MC Zuiko 35 f2 (had 3 copies), I would say that the zuiko is one of, if not the weakest of all, at least when used in FF.

It's not that bad as they say, but the corners and vignetting at first apertures are a bit lacking. I suppose that in crop formats is not that bad.

On the other hand, it has a very good form factor.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any 100% crop at f/2 and/ot full res picture?