Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A History Lesson
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: A History Lesson Reply with quote

My girlfriend's father lived in Chicago from 1971 to 1973. Since I've been scanning his slides as a favor to the GF, I thought it would be fun, while in Chicago, to try and find and recapture some of those images. Here are some results.

The originals (Pentax SPII, Takumar 50 1:1.4, various slide films) are first followed by my update (Pentax K-7, Sigma 35-80 to replicate the perspective.)

There were some more that I got, but I haven't processed them yet. So I'll have a second post in a while. It's interesting -- especially in the first image -- to see how much the city has changed. And the most dramatic change shots I couldn't even get due to rain. The latter two are not perfectly aligned. In the second, a truck was parked where the GF's dad had been standing. In the third, it was a fountain now.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal work David!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating

patrickh