Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nonsense ?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Nonsense ?! Reply with quote

Another proof of concept ...

- stiched from 90 single shots:
- freehand shooting

the outcome of this rendering looks rather freaky than appealing Wink

here is one single frame out of the stich ... to get an impression ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, superb work.

You've got me looking at scenes differently when I'm out with my camera
Shocked I thank you for that. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool you're welcome ! Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That branch just poked me in the eye! Another great use of this technique and a very good subject to use.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite amazing what you are doing with your bokeh pano Shocked ....I simply love it Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you always make me speechless, Tobias... thanks for share, again

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, I cannot view the images as I'd probably try this and my ageing PC would just die on the spot. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for commenting!

Quote:
I'd probably try this and my ageing PC would just die on the spot.

Laughing Laughing Laughing ... just stick to this 900pix version ... I haven't uploaded
the original (2GB) version anyway Cool
If your PC dies with this 900pix version, I am just wondering:
are you workin on a Comodore 64 ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias

Even for you, this is a stunner

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to replicate your results but i'm struggling to obtain cleanly stitched files.
I always end up with a couple of misalignments and i find this particular kind of shot tricky because the peripheral part of the lens is not going to perform as well as the center so i wonder how you get rid of this obvious problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm trying to replicate your results but i'm struggling to obtain cleanly stitched files.
I always end up with a couple of misalignments and i find this particular kind of shot tricky because the peripheral part of the lens is not going to perform as well as the center so i wonder how you get rid of this obvious problem.

my results are far away from "cleanly stiched files":
dozens of control-point-errors reported by my stiching program.

somehow it helps so set the pano-detection to a very low value ...
the main outline of the shot will be detected, some/many details will be missed ...
BUT .. who cares ? Laughing ... these details are mainly in OOF areas and nobody will ever recognize.

Quote:

......because the peripheral part of the lens is not going to perform as well as the center so i wonder how you get rid of this obvious problem........

I guess the SMC K 50/1.4 renders somehow same bokeh in the middle as well in the peripheral of the lens.
Haven't thought about that yet, because I haven't had major troubles with that yet ..

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Tobias, your picture really looks like a medium format image, I love this "bokeh panos".
By the way, how many shuttercounts does your camera have? - Must be a high amount. Wink