Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two continental lenses went to an atlantic forest....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Two continental lenses went to an atlantic forest.... Reply with quote

In plant geography, the difference between continental (dry and warm summers and cold winters) and atlantic (wet throughout the season, with hardly any difference in temperature between summer and winter) is a very important factor in the explanation for differences is species composition.

Yesterday I went to the Hallerbos, a typical Atlantic forest type full of Bluebells (Hyacintoides non-scripta) a species with an Atlantic distribution. These two photos are shot with the Industar 61 and the Helios 44K-4, bot Russian, so both Continental lenses... They do quite good outside their native distribution area, I'd say...Very Happy

Bluebells - Hallerbos by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

April 16th - Bluebells by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful !
Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed two beautiful images, and for sure a nice forest too discover!
I didn't know where it was and just quickly google and I have found this:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&cp=9&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=hallerbos&rlz=1R2GUEA_frFR459&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1416&bih=864&wrapid=tljp133466697037600&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=22aNT-vvLtCa-wbLtZD-Dw

seems to be a famous place for flower's pictures Very Happy ......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good rendering of a difficult subject

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! Smile

I will take a day off next Thursday to visit the location. Hopefully it won't rain too much Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, you should have posted also the "blurred" ones for your Flickr gallery...

Tomas