Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar (Komine) 28mm f2 close focus in Nikon AIS mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Vivitar (Komine) 28mm f2 close focus in Nikon AIS mount Reply with quote

This is a petite lens that has some surprises up its Komine sleeve. I think it is the smallest lens I own -- a touch smaller than my Nikkor 20mm f3.5.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komine is good maker you did really prove it, I especially like last pictures! Great series!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komine guys are still alive in Nittoh Kogaku. Komine, plus lenses, manufactured cameras among which is the famous Olympus Trip 35. They now manufacture lens modules to Samsung, Schneider-Kreuznag labeled.

http://www.nittohkogaku.co.jp/english/focus/history.php

I like the color and contrast of this lens, which I have with FD mount, I can add some samples (direct JPG, neutral settins con camera, no editing) made with a discontinued M4/3 (Panasonic DMC-G1). I know this is not the most appropriate camera for mount wide angle lenses, but long ago gave up the heavy and bulky monstrosities with pentaprismatic hump Smile

At f/2:

At f/2.8:

At f/4:

At f/5.6:

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera did you use this on? I have been looking for a wide angled lens, but my D7000 often cut that wideness down. I like the 1st and 5th imagines.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:
What camera did you use this on? I have been looking for a wide angled lens, but my D7000 often cut that wideness down. I like the 1st and 5th imagines.

I used a Panasonic DMC-G1. It's almost absurd angle lenses on a Micro Four Thirds camera. Decreasing the angle, you lose the advantage of a wide angle and stay with their flaws. I only did it for fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same lens for Pentax once. Magnificent for close-up work, but I did not find it as convincing for infinity shots.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be a very useful lens, as most don't focus close enough for me. And superb color!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good images here. The bokeh seems to vary quite a bit though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this lens on ebay, in cheap price $35 , shipping is $16 , is quite hard to find some articles about this lens. I doubt about its performance, The when the lens arrived. I tried it, I surprised... Great lens..

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Managi wrote:
I found this lens on ebay, in cheap price $35 , shipping is $16 , is quite hard to find some articles about this lens. I doubt about its performance, The when the lens arrived. I tried it, I surprised... Great lens..

Very Happy

Are you certain yours is the same lens?