Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Wetzlar Telyt 1:4/200 in Visoflex.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Leitz Wetzlar Telyt 1:4/200 in Visoflex. Reply with quote

Got this at a very good price as the seller said the focus ring had issues. The focus ring has a little play-and the screws on the focus ring look like sunken rivets. I was about to try tightening the the focus ring screws, but have not figured out a way yet Very Happy .

I took it out for a test run today-and I must say the focus ring is very smooth and the looseness does not seem to be an overwhelming issue.

Thens with adaptations for my camera, so I can focus to infinity.

Sharing some images taken with this lens @ f4.

Best regards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are pretty nice. i have this lens and dont really know what to do with it. perhaps i should sell it. do you ave thoughts on what its worth, nice comdition?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see one went for sale on the European Ebay-for $469 in the searchable past. Tony I bought mine only because I got it cheaply. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks K. turns out when i checked i have an enna munchen tele analyt 240/4.5 zebra that has m39 mount, but no focusing ring! honestly i dont know what the heck its good for!

but you managed to put your lens to fine use!
tiny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to shoot Leica M in the film days. I always had a sneaky suspicion those "visoflex" lenses were good ones, but I never had a visoflex to know (I stuck to classic 35/50/90/135 combo). Looks like I know now:) I take it you are using an adaptor so the visoflex flange distance is taken into account?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thanks K. turns out when i checked i have an enna munchen tele analyt 240/4.5 zebra that has m39 mount, but no focusing ring! honestly i dont know what the heck its good for!

but you managed to put your lens to fine use!
tiny

Thanks Tony- and I'm drawing a blank on your Enna with no focus ring and a M 39 mount. Do you have a a few good images of the lens? If you would open a new thread with your images- I bet you will get someone who knows reasonably fast- Very Happy

anscochrome wrote:
I used to shoot Leica M in the film days. I always had a sneaky suspicion those "visoflex" lenses were good ones, but I never had a visoflex to know (I stuck to classic 35/50/90/135 combo). Looks like I know now:) I take it you are using an adaptor so the visoflex flange distance is taken into account?

These are very easy to adapt to any SLR/DSLR and be able to focus to infinity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharing some more images ,using this lens- first "real" sunset of 2012, and water fowl.

Adios Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant results, I particularly like the duck...really vivid Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Brilliant results, I particularly like the duck...really vivid Smile

+1 ... cool shots Kath!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments- getting aquainted with Leica colors.