Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yosemite: MASSIVE panorama with Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Yosemite: MASSIVE panorama with Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4 Reply with quote

Hehe, this is my first stitched panorama with the Vario-Sonnar at 50% of the full size Smile

Yosemite - massive panarama by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

Here's a smaller one, again at 50% (less shots stitched this time):

Yosemite - another massive panorama by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! And the IQ is just perfect!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The panos are great for sure, but they look rather flat on my screen contrast-wise? Anything wrong on my side here?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Great work! And the IQ is just perfect!

Thanks Smile I've never posted anything this big before, but it gives me confidence that they could be printed at a large size and used Smile

kds315* wrote:
The panos are great for sure, but they look rather flat on my screen contrast-wise? Anything wrong on my side here?

I'm just looking at them on my monitor at work, and I agree to a point..they look overexposed flat at infinity. They certainly look much better on my calibrated IPS monitor at home. However, I think there are other things at play as well e.g. combination of atmospheric haze (temperature was over 100 degrees) and I didn't use a hood or perform any pp...

That said, the detail is impressive Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They appear to be a little bit gorgeous, but I can say for sure until I find a computer monitor 6 feet wide Shocked

Bit it looks good as I scroll sideways, as if I'm turning my head to take in the view Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great panoramas!
I also think that the contrast should be boosted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a verrrrrrrrrrry big pano Shocked .....but what an amazing landscape, that's remember me my trip in US when I was young (quite a long time ago Very Happy ), but at this time I had only a very old film camera, so quite different results!!!
I guess you were there in the middle of the day or at least with high sun, it's looks indeed a little bit overexposed but could be corrected with some PP I supposed....Anyway, thanks for the visit and for the nice "souvenirs" Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive for sure! I guess you have stopped down quite much to obtain this depth of field.. unless you did refocus, but then stitching would have been impossible I think...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Sooo big!!
I have been having trouble hosting my files big enough to show like that. Is using Flickr the key for having the files large on-line? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, you DIDN'T do any PP? There's not much haze impairment considering.

These also look great on my work monitor, which is pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! And what an incredibly beautiful and majestic place. Thanks so much for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for all the kind words Smile I generally don't do pp unless really necessary as I like to see what the lenses are capable of. These were both shot at f/5.6 and the only pp was to reduce exposure slightly and to sharpen at 30% unsharp mask at 0.5px level (which I generally do to all photos and really isn't a lot of sharpening).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing scenery! great panos!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!
they look awesome on dual monitors.

and now i wish the edges of my monitors is razor thin.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is made for pano's.... or pano's are made for this place i don't know but it's stunning! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only problem with these images is the quality of light.
They appear to be taken at around mid day so the contrast is pretty low and the shadows are not that appealing.
Nice work nevertheless.