Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Osaka
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Osaka Reply with quote

A few from the Tsutenkaku area of Osaka 35/1.8G on my D3000. It's an interesting area of Osaka but only comes alive at night. So I had push the iso up again.

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great shoots! I love them all!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I can just make out the "Han" text on the tower. Something about the position of the sun or day and about the planet...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are all good, but 2 is phantasamal! submit that baby to some magazine!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

stingOM wrote:
Great shots. I can just make out the "Han" text on the tower. Something about the position of the sun or day and about the planet...

It's an advertisement for the company Hitachi. The first Kanji of Hitachi is "sun" or "day". The whole sentence means "Hitachi: for the whole globe" I think. Someone with better Japanese skills will give a more accurate translation. I really should get out my Japanese study books again Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
these are all good, but 2 is phantasamal! submit that baby to some magazine!

Thanks. It's my favourite too. I waited quite a long time to line up two people like that. Must have taken over 20 shots!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Thanks guys.

stingOM wrote:

It's an advertisement for the company Hitachi. The first Kanji of Hitachi is "sun" or "day". The whole sentence means "Hitachi: for the whole globe" I think. Someone with better Japanese skills will give a more accurate translation. I really should get out my Japanese study books again Embarassed

That's interesting. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous pictures! The one with the hearts in the Backround is amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good series !
I like most the first and the second (or vice versa?)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful series, thanks for the visit!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Next set will be from Nara and Kyoto.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 absolutely is fantastic, and the entire series is pretty superb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely series indeed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great take of the Tsutenkaku tower Yebisu, I find it's not east to take, I never even tried.

the hearts were there alright when I was there last October, I was on a fast 'walk through' the area and only took one fast snap

the Shogi parlour looks like it was the same too. Wished I could play that game!

It's a great area that has become a bit of an 'in area' these last years and yes, is crowded. Many small, old, 'forgotten' eating joints converted to efficient, overflowing restaurant where one has to line up to get into, it has lost a bit of it's original flavor.

Crossing into the area known as 'Taishi' one cannot see any young fashionable people any more, no crowds and it feels a bit lonely. The market street, old, often a bit desolate shops, small food places and Karaoke parlors with it's often old and drunk clientele are still very original Wink

may I add some from there? I hope you don't mind. I took them coming from the Tsutenkaku area, just after I had picked up my FA43 from the very shop you had recommended Wink, on my K-x. It was already dark, shops were closing and I walked through rather briskly, taking very fast pics, actually curious if I can use this AF lens like a P&S. Nothing special, but they still may convey a bit of the atmosphere of the place:

( all taken with FA43 on Pentax K-x )

wish you a great time in Nara and Kyoto, fantastic places, and looking forward to some equally great photos from there

best greetings,
Andreas