Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lens do you like for the bokeh?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

180mm and close focusing limit of 1.2m throws just about everything out of focus. butterfly, uploaded original size. taken with Voigtländer SL 180mm f/4 APO Lanthar

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/3212196819/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
180mm and close focusing limit of 1.2m throws just about everything out of focus. butterfly, uploaded original size. taken with Voigtländer SL 180mm f/4 APO Lanthar

I like all of your pictures in flickr. It's great. Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next great "bokeh maker" - Jupiter-9 2/85 (this is black copy, the sharpest from all Jupiters I tried)
All photos resized and cropped at the bottom only

Sample of its performance regarding sharpness and contrast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Shocked impressive 640 iso on the D3, great lens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Next great "bokeh maker" - Jupiter-9 2/85...

I agree... as long as you don't have highlights there!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
(...)
I agree... as long as you don't have highlights there!

It looks like but.... True about highlights. Yesterday was a sunny day, today not at all.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamron 90 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! How cool this lizzard shoot! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanX wrote:
I like all of your pictures in flickr. It's great. Surprised

I'm going to resize and upload a set consisting only of Voigtländer SL 180mm f/4 shots once I return home.

I keep returning to your wonderful country every year and have spent this month here, I am also returning again in March for another fotoshoot. Plenty of manual focus stuff to be uploaded once these antibiotics kill the centipede bite that became infected Twisted Evil

Chook dii kap!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
...the centipede bite that became infected ...

Ouch! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I'm going to resize and upload a set consisting only of Voigtländer SL 180mm f/4 shots once I return home.

Drool!

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm in the learning characteristics of my Carl Zeiss collection phase so using generally the Zeiss glasses and I really loved the Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 4/200's bokeh performance:

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35 also performs great:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

Drool!

Cheers!

Abbazz

me too (drooling)...

This is one lens I want to buy. Veijo posted great series on his web site covering this lens. Tiny and great bokeh... Mine 180/2.8s as well as 200/3.5 are too big to take in a pocket or small bag.

But the price is always on upwards path... Rolling Eyes Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all of my friends.

I like all of your pictures and hope to try your lens.

Today I 've just got Nikkor - P 75mm f2.8 original in Bronica mount but modified to Nikon mount. I think the bokeh is the same as Helios 40 85mm f1.5 Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Models are exceptional, but this lens not my taste.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share Attila's opinion: the foreground is much more to my taste than the background Wink

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, Abbazz, please go to http://forum.mflenses.com/portrait-from-nikkor-p-75mm-f2-8-bronica-mount-t14181.html Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: New here, close focus bokeh samples Reply with quote

I have been lurking here for a while. I feasted often on your great images and info. Did some manual lenses below last year mostly with the Sony A700. This year, I've renewed my pursuit of manual lenses extending beyond the MD/MC option for the A-mount. I will be receiving my first M42 lenses later on this week, nothing special but hope a good start. Jpg, hand held, cropped and PP. Close focusing here and thus helped the bokeh formation. Will try longer distances later on.
cheers and enjoy,
gil

Minolta 50mm f2 +2X Vivitar Macro Focusing TC

Minolta 50mm f1.4 + 2X Vivitar Macro Focusing TC

Kiron 105mm f2.8

Another from Kiron

hmm...upload to gallery, linking here and preview were ok but doesn't seem to display after submitting. What could be the issue? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: New here, close focus bokeh samples Reply with quote

gil wrote:
I have been lurking here for a while. I feasted often on your great images and info. Did some manual lenses below last year mostly with the Sony A700. This year, I've renewed my pursuit of manual lenses extending beyond the MD/MC option for the A-mount. I will be receiving my first M42 lenses later on this week, nothing special but hope a good start. Jpg, hand held, cropped and PP. Close focusing here and thus helped the bokeh formation. Will try longer distances later on.
cheers and enjoy,
gil

Minolta 50mm f2 +2X Vivitar Macro Focusing TC

Minolta 50mm f1.4 + 2X Vivitar Macro Focusing TC

Kiron 105mm f2.8

Another from Kiron

hmm...upload to gallery, linking here and preview were ok but doesn't seem to display after submitting. What could be the issue? Thanks.

A free quote because of the spam filter... (on this forum, a new member's first post cannot contain pictures).

Welcome and have fun on this forum!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Nikkor power on my 5D Smile
Nikkor 1.8/85 @f:1.8

full size:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/3225465603/sizes/o/in/set-72157612963728986/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New here, close focus bokeh samples Reply with quote

[/quote]

A free quote because of the spam filter... (on this forum, a new member's first post cannot contain pictures).

Welcome and have fun on this forum![/quote]

Thanks much. I missed that rule as it was beyond my bedtime when I decided to join and post :~). Thanks again and yes, just by lurking, I was already enjoying.

cheers,
gil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Bokeh got ... Eaten Up ! Reply with quote

There was a lot of fabulous Bokeh here. I swear.

But soon as I had fetched my camera, I returned to find they had eaten it all up...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i almost sell my fujinon 50mm f1.4
i'll try to recovery this one
and i think this's one of the best i have

@f1.4 sample

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Khan I need to rent your models!! Shocked