Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three-Star Canyon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Three-Star Canyon Reply with quote

Light of the Moon is a nice description, but I wonder what three star pattern is there in the canyon.

Tamron 28-75 30sec. f 5,6 iso 200 5DC

Raksi.net updated

Last edited by muddus on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Three Star Canyon Reply with quote

muddus wrote:
... but I wonder what three star pattern is there in the canyon.

It might be part of Orion. The three stars are known as Orion's belt. The bright star above and to the to the left could be Betelgeuse.

Edit. There are some others as well - Bellatrix largely hidden under the cloud and to the right of Betelgeuse, and a couple of others below the belt which seem to match the Wikipedia star map.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for scicko. Orion constellation, it seems. bright nights are so rare that no longer remember what's where is. In the winter it is sometimes so damn cold that is not able to shake all night

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a lovely lovely picture. i cannot imagine this scene could be better rendered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is a bit difficult to do night pictures becouse you do not know how they are received. In fact I would do as they are darker, like light in the moonlight. The camera is capable of playing much more than meets the eye. moonlight photography is really hard for me to adjust the correct color.

The best part is the sole factor in the lovely nature of Lapland. In this picture outside ambled otter. It monitors all the time in my makings. In three days we became good friends even though we've never seen it.