Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pickering War Weekend with jupiter 11a portraits Pic Heavy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Pickering War Weekend with jupiter 11a portraits Pic Heavy Reply with quote

At the weekend i visited the Pickering War festival, this is a yearly event, where the whole town becomes a 1940's war re-enactment.
So among all the pro Canon users and there very big L lenses i decided to invide with 1 Jap and a Russian.
Weapons of choice Sony Nex, Konica Ar 40mm and the Jupiter 11A 135mm.
Many pro photographer chatted to me about the setup and where bemused that i took this over a big SLR and AF.
All these where from the Jupiter 11A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful series. Must have been a terrific day out. You have a very desirable set up and excellent eye

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the expression of the image.. able to raise the mood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting subject ...
Very nice series... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series! The Jupiter-11 did pretty well.
My favourites are #3 (love those ladies hats of the 40s!), the Winston Churchill of #6 (not really similar but there is something vaguely resembling, I can't pick what precisely),
and what could be maybe a General Montgomery of #11 (but with a wrong hat? I always saw Montgomery with the beret).
Also #16 looks quite realistic.
Do you have more with the ladies dressed in style? Very Happy