Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two young ladies on the straw (Nikkor-S 1.2/55)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Two young ladies on the straw (Nikkor-S 1.2/55) Reply with quote

5D Mark II, Nikkor-S Auto 1.2/55:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!
I like it. Simple and clear.
Light is perfect. Natural?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Well done!
I like it. Simple and clear.
Light is perfect.

Thanks!

Himself wrote:
Natural?

I don't know, but I would love to find out!
Ah but wait a moment... you mean, the light?...
yes, natural... natural light Laughing Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing re natural...

Based on the title of the post I was prepared for a swerve - something like two goats or chickens - so this is indeed a wonderful double-curve Very Happy

Excellent photo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really had to laugh! Too bad the ladies are not looking at you, but other than that it's a really well executed shot.

I see that you often visit what I call "re-enactment events". Is that something typical Italian, or just something you like and try to visit whenever possible?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing re natural...

Wink

Quote:
Based on the title of the post I was prepared for a swerve - something like two goats or chickens - so this is indeed a wonderful double-curve Very Happy

hehe Smile but you should know by now, that I always spoil you with beautiful girls Wink

Quote:
Excellent photo

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I really had to laugh! Too bad the ladies are not looking at you, but other than that it's a really well executed shot.

Thanks. That was really a stolen shot, I was walking away to the car when I saw these two girls posing for a photo,
so I did not think twice, quickly approached and did steal this image Smile I had already noticed
the rightmost girl previously, I was captured by her blue eyes, I could not avoid to take her picture!

Quote:
I see that you often visit what I call "re-enactment events". Is that something typical Italian, or just something you like and try to visit whenever possible?

No, it's not an Italian thing, I think that they are performed most everywhere in Europe.
Surely we have a lot of them here, and they're increasing. For a number of reasons I think. For the weather, because these are open air events
and our climate is more favorable for open air than atlantic climate. For the history, because this land has been the theater of a lot of important historical events.
For the locations, because we have a lot of villages that still feature ancient architecture and which live with tourism, so they promote these events to attract tourists.
And I think also maybe because the real life is so depressing nowadays, that people like to escape from reality and live in the past for a weekend. Rolling Eyes

I personally try to visit as much as I can, for two reasons: because I have always been passionate of ancient times since I was a child
(the first book that I learned to read, at 5 years old, was a children adaptation of Greek myths - I still have it),
and because, as a photographer, these events are an incredible occasion to take colourful photos full of life and people.
People in these events are not disturbed if you photograph them - actually they like it, it means for them that their costume is successful.
Finally, I think that today's female fashion sucks. Whenever I see a woman (preferably young and beautiful Laughing Rolling Eyes ) wearing a period dress, I am captured,
period clothes so much enhance female beauty (also male beauty, actually, but I am not as sensible in that department Laughing Wink )
Another advantage, period clothing forces women to move more harmoniously. Women with casual clothing tend to move and act like men. Mad