Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall-2 135mm F/2.5 Model 03B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall-2 135mm F/2.5 Model 03B Reply with quote

Some closeups taken the other day,mounted on a Sony DSLR-any C&C is helpful:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid samples! Would like to see more of different distances and colors.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always in such situations, hitting the focus is difficult - think you nailed the last one though - well done Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Splendid samples! Would like to see more of different distances and colors.

I agree I am starting getting sick of all the yellow too-It was one of those lazy afternoons where I just did not feel like walking more than a few steps at all.

martyn-bannister wrote:
As always in such situations, hitting the focus is difficult - think you nailed the last one though - well done

Thanks -I took quite a lot of bee shots, and you zen in after a few minutes,and get in sync with the landscape/subject.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a cheap one available locally a couple weeks ago...passed on it because it was sort of beat up and had a two chunks of a dried leaf(!) inside.

Should have grabbed it...the bokeh looks pretty nice.

Oh, and it's tiny Shocked It's barely bigger than a large 50mm f/1.4. Built-in hood if I remember right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan s wrote:
There was a cheap one available locally a couple weeks ago...passed on it because it was sort of beat up and had a two chunks of a dried leaf(!) inside.

Should have grabbed it...the bokeh looks pretty nice.

Oh, and it's tiny Shocked It's barely bigger than a large 50mm f/1.4. Built-in hood if I remember right.

The dried leaf must come out the same way it went in ,regardless not bad lens at all. Maybe next time you'll buy first (specially if cheap-and not wonder). You can find this lens on ebay and for cheap sometimes.
Good luck

Heres mine / came together as a combo:Tamron Adaptall-2 135mm F/2.5 Model 03B with SP 2xTele-Converter Model 01f

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice lens indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Adaptamatic version of the same lens. I had noticed that luisalegria had gotten very nice results from it, but after an initial set of pictures I thought it was average. I had only purchased it for the M42 mount anyway. I'm not able to tell if your images are any better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: pic shootn with adaptall 135 Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mopedfahrer/6089846022/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mopedfahrer/6089852030/in/photostream

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent some time opening this lens up and blowing away trapped dust inside, also managed to clean the elements while I had it open.

September Roses shot @f5.6

Adios

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks clean indeed!
Nice roses with intens colour.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice lens, the colours are intense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding I must say. Dunno if any post-production was done but bokeh is smooth as hell and the colors look fantastically well rendered.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, beautiful rose color!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words.

I used the "Lightroom preset Auto tone" on these before publishing.

Cheers Very Happy