Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New 30mm f1.9 lens on NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: New 30mm f1.9 lens on NEX-5 Reply with quote

I recently mounted this classic on my NEX-5 to gain a fast and small normal lens, not quite a pancake, but still smaller than my M4/3 with 20mm lens.

The 30mm f1.9 gives an effective focal length of 45mm - very useful !

Any guesses as to its origins?

Cheers, R

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I thought it was taken from a PEN camera...
Is the adaptation a DIY job?

Looks great on the NEX!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veri nice. Can you share details on how you mounted it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and it was not hard. Smile

I only hope the poor EYE was broken without redemption...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexy lens & great portrait!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Excellent! Reply with quote

Excellent ludoo!

The Konica EYE I used was dented and bruised; an interesting camera for a museum with very dim lighting - but nonfunctional. Fortunately, the lens was in excellent shape!

I dismantled the camera, and adapted it for the NEX using a NEX-LTM adapter. This required substantial use of a Dremel tool, to shrink the plate that the lens mounts onto, and to shrink the aperture assembly to fit the mount. Finally, the adapter needed to be ground down to achieve infinity focus; that is why you see a silver front surface.

The lens is sharp and has excellent coverage; I compared it to a Super Takumar 35mm f2, and it is as good in sharpness and contrast wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, and congratulations for a well done job!

Your efforts made me take out of a drawer the lens I salvaged from a Trip35, I just finished removing all the extra crud, and will try to find a way to do the same. It will make a nice -- though less fast -- 60mm on my NX10.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
sexy lens & great portrait!

Thanks - the lens has only left my NEX for a few minutes since I adapted it - to compare to a Super Takumar M42 35/2, which is 3x longer with adapter!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loks great Ro.. result is great too. Nice job

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
loks great Ro.. result is great too. Nice job

Hi, nice to hear from you. The little girl is mine, and the boy is a friend of hers who is getting a hug for his 6th birthday!

By the way, I found a replacement front lens for the Summarit, and fixed the rough focus, and now it's superb! I hope you are enjoying the Rollei!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah with NEX summarit is great combo. the rollei is really nice. I fixed focus to get infinity on EOS too. it's easy, just unscrew, adjust focus then screw it again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work indeed! Looks superb Smile I have a bunch of old yet fast lenses from broken rangefinders, and I just haven't got round to doing what you have. Really impressed!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I just stripped the 2.8/45 Zuiko from a battered Oly Trip 35 to do the same thing with, I also have a Schneider Reomar 2.8/45 from a broken Retinette to mount up for use on my NEX, seeing this thread just made me realise I need to hurry up and get em mounted, nice work, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere congratulations, excellent work!.
I had thought on doing the same with some old rangefinder lenses, but never ended doing it.
(I also got a Trip 35 lens disassembled).
Your work will be inspiring to some of us Wink
Thanks for sharing.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first attempt with the Olympus Trip lens, from a while back. Wish I'd built a proper adapter now!

http://forum.mflenses.com/olympus-trip-35-zuiko-lens-on-a-nex-t35976,highlight,%2Btrip+%2Bnex.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant results, Robertro!

Very nice match to the Sony also! These could catch on!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some work , but a good and fun result .Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show some big sized samples?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!!!

which other cameras I would be able to do that? maybe an Olympus Trip? this Konica is hard to find...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus Trip is less good than Konica , Konica is pretty common on USA Ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens seems great... And I love the design ! Wish I could be more into DIY...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve specifically registered to this forum to be able to congratulate you on this. This a dream combo to me. I´ve just sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work! very inspiring stuff!